BMI701EGCC
Topic Author

Next Airline To Be Up For Sale

Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:00 am

Hi Guys,

Which do you think will be the next airline to be sold?

Would like to hear your thoughts on this suject

Scott Waterworth
BMI701EGCC
G-PATI-"G-PATI, Back inbound to Barton"MCT APR-"G-PATI, Continue, Keep lookout on VFR traffic"

NWAFA

RE: Next Airline To Be Up For Sale

Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:16 am

I think ATA is going to be a "little bit everywhere"...I think a few companies will end up with their assets.

Indy Air will just go out of business.

United will sell some slots/routes...thats if they don't just fold totally (all depends if they make their BK required payment coming up).

US Airways, I think they will be the same as ATA, a little bit to NWA, a little bit to "xyz"..etc
THANK YOU FOR FLYING NORTHWEST AIRLINES, WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!

ERJ170

Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:28 am

I think ATA will be sold at about 50%, with ATA keeping IND and military charter.

I think US will probably sell of a couple of it's regional partners. I think the remaining US will be taken over by an investor group and the current management de-throned. Expent US to revert back to all-Boeing. Look for the 777 & 787. I would expect to see US mainline, MidAtlantic, and PSA remain. Allehany, Piedmont will be lost. Significant cut back in destiantions, but retention of CLT and PHL as hubs.. LGA and DCA will remain as focus. BOS, PIT, and FLL will be dropped. MidAtlantic will increase from 22 E170 to probably 100 E170 & 50 E190. Mesa will be downsized as a partner, as will Chautauqua and TransStates. I would think more international destiantions from CLT and PHL, like CO is doing.

I think DH may be smaller and struggling but working on it's market. I would expect to see some stations dropped completely. Look for 2nd hand Boeings rather than the Airbus.

Aiming High and going far..

ORDagent

Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:46 am

US won't go all boeing at all.... All the Boeings and Airbus are going to be parked in the desert at the time of complete collapse.

F9 and B6 merging would be a good fit. Same aircraft as far as type rating goes (318,319,320), service style, no route overlaps, geographically complementory hubs........ BlueFrontier anyone?

DL,AA,UA will pull back domestically if not seeking out a merger partner and focus on the profitable long haul international markets.....

bobnwa

Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:55 am

Waht would F9 and B6 each gain by merging with each other? I don't see that happening but who knows with the airline business.