skycruiser

UA Missed Flight Segment Help!

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:22 am

Hi, I am ticketed to fly SFO-HKG-SIN-HKG-SFO this December on UA, and I was wondering what would happen if I missed my HKG-SIN segment. Would UA cancel the rest of my ticket? I'm considering doing this because I was planning on spending a few nights in Hong Kong and then use a UA employee's non-rev ticket from HKG-SIN on a later date. Would I run into any problems checking in at SIN on the date of my return trip back to the US? And is there a chance that the UA employee who is giving me the ticket could be reprimanded? Thanks!

NWAFA

RE: UA Missed Flight Segment Help!

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:23 am

I bet they do cancel your trip!
THANK YOU FOR FLYING NORTHWEST AIRLINES, WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!

su

Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:54 pm

Skycruiser,

I think If you will not use your HKG-SIN portion then all your afterward flights will be canceled. Usually if you want to make a stop over, it costs an extra $100. Why don't you call United and see if they can change your ticket and make it with a stop over.
"Life is too short to take it serious..."

TonyBurr

Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:48 pm

If you miss a segment they will cancel the rest of the itinerary.

sdkualeb

Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:59 am

Not only will they cancel everything. If you have a E-Tkt the coupons that are left will ZERO out and you loose that too.

Spoke2Spoke

Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:04 am

Are you sure the coupons are zeroed out? That doesn't sound right. What if this is an unrestricted ticket?

If you call them and let them know you're missing a segment, the rest of the segments can be put back in, but maybe for a price. Since we don't know your ticket class (Y, F, etc.) nor UA's current policy you should probably contact them.
...carelessness and overconfidence are usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks. - Wilbur Wright