ramerinianair

Best Areas To Spot At ISP, LGA, JFK

Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:21 am

I am traveling to these airports before the end of the year to pick up frineds. I would love to get there a couple of hours early and snap some shots with my digital camera. I am very familiar with these airports as I have traveled through them many times in the past year. If anybody can share with me their favorite places to spot from I would appreciate it.
SR
I did do a search and came up with nothing. I also do not want to get arrested for tresspassing or anything like that-I know security can be tight, I was frisked last month in JFK-that's another story though.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

IslipWN

RE: Best Areas To Spot At ISP, LGA, JFK

Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:39 am

Sometimes I go to the FBO and the General Aviation Areas. I've never been stopped, questioned, or anything. You can also go to the bank parking lot at the end of RWY 6.

BTW- this is at ISP.

Joe

NIKV69

Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:04 am

Bank parking lot is your best bet, but what is there to spot at ISP? It's my home airport but it sucks! IFP here I come! Just over a month away!
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

Tbird

Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:19 am

Well a couple of hours at ISP you get a lot of WN and that's about it. If there landing on 24 go over to Lincoln Ave you'll get some good approach shots. Becareful taking pics at ISP they don't take kindly to cameras As NIKV69 said the bank is your best bet. They also just removed a lot of brush so if you have a good zoom lens you can get some nice shots before they turn onto the runway.

NIKV69

Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:55 pm

Ahhhhhhhhh no more WN planes! Enough!

I can't wait to see SCY's 738s. Much nicer livery. Allegiant is boring. Going to get some pics of that Cessna Caravan that is flying the route to Scottsdale. Will probably use it once to visit some peeps in PHX.

Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!

ramerinianair

Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:04 pm

Thanks!
I know that there isn't much to spot at ISP but I though you maybe able to get a little closer b/c it is a smaller airport. I really love seeing the 737s bank over the southern state and sunrise highways, sometimes it is almost dangerously distracting.
SR
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos