HALFA
Topic Author

Happy 75th Anniversary Hawaiian Airlines!

Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:10 am

Today, November 11th, is the 75th anniversary of my employer, Hawaiian Airlines.
I have been a flight attendant for Hawaiian for 20 years and I am very proud of how far we have come in the time that I have been with them.
We went from being HAL (Hawaiian Always Late) to today's more fitting HAL (Hawaiian Already Left), now the most punctual air carrier in the United States for 11 straight months and counting. We now have the least amount of complaints filed with the DOT of any US carrier and most importantly, we have flown safely and fatality free for 75 years now. An achievement that we, the employees of Hawaiian Airlines are extremely proud of.
To all of my fellow employees, Happy Anniversary and congratulations on a job well done!
To all of you that have supported Hawaiian over the years,
MAHALO NUI LOA!

Aloha
HA J Class Lie flats, coming soon to a plane near you........

ltbewr

RE: Happy 75th Anniversary Hawaiian Airlines!

Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:19 am

At least some good news here for a change about a USA based airline. I hope Hawaiian Air continues for many more years.

luv2fly

Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:31 am

Very nicely put and good to see pride in ones employer! Thanks for being positive and uplifting, I enjoyed your post and here's to another 75 years of flying the sky's.
You can cut the irony with a knife

Bluewave 707

Fri Nov 12, 2004 6:32 am

Kudos for HA! Congratulations on 75 years and counting. Their in-flight service is one of the best in the airline industry.

What would be cool ... retro liveries on their 712s and 763s!
"The best use of your life will be to so live your life, that the use of your life will outlive your life" -- D Severn

ha763

Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:35 am

Congratulations! It would have been nice if I was still working at HA to be part of this achievement. I remember what it was like during HA's 70th anniversary. Plus, if I was still at HA, this anniversary would have coincided with my 5th year anniversary.

Anyway, anyone see the ALPA ad in today's newspaper? The tail they used sure looked like a mirror image of this picture from the database (BTW, if it is the same picture, I know for a fact that they asked and got permission to use it):

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Erik Nugal