miguel0881

Skyteam And E-tickets

Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:30 am

I'm travelling to Mexico on a ticket booked with Delta, part on DL and part on AM. The DL agent informed me that this itinerary is e-ticket eligible. On the DL website, it states that all codeshare flights get paper tickets (except if on NW, CO or AF). Does anyone have any experience with this?

I also see on the Skyteam website that one of the benefits of Skyteam is that you can check-in once, and transfer carriers if connecting. I have never found this to be the case (i.e. while the bags might be transferred, I've always had to re-check with both AF and OK for boarding passes for continuing flights, although I know AA has always given me boarding passes for IB when I travel with OneWorld and vice versa). Is Skyteam just not as coordinated as other alliances or what?

DeltaMIA

RE: Skyteam And E-tickets

Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:10 am

AM and DL now offer interline e-ticketing. Transferring to AM from DL you will be checked in for all segments where you have seats assigned. I don't know for certain if it is the same coming out of Mexico. For any flight you do not have a seat assigned you will need to check in with the operating carrier.
It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.