od-bwh

Did Anyone Redeem MEA CedarMiles Rewards?

Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:01 am

I'm a member of the MEA Cedar Miles program. Frankly, I can say it's not really appealing like other airlines, say Emirates!

Anyways, did anyone redeem miles yet? What do you think of them.

Regards,
OD-BWH
A300, A319, A320, A321, A332, A333, A343, A346, A388, B734, B738, B744, B772, B773, B788, F70, MD11, CRJ700

soups

RE: Did Anyone Redeem MEA CedarMiles Rewards?

Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:55 am

yeah my dad recived two FREE cedar class ACC-BEY-LHR-BEY-ACC  Smile/happy/getting dizzy so far

he holds the presidedntial card whihc MEA only issued a dozen of them or so..
i have got the elite one and got enough points to fly to BEY from LHR (Cedar class)
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

brightcedars

RE: Did Anyone Redeem MEA CedarMiles Rewards?

Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:13 am

Got the card but it's kind of useless if you've got Fréquence Plus since you can then get the same awards and collect with more partners. Wish I could merge them. Basically wish I knew when I flew MEA for the first time (LHR-BEY) that they were an AF partner.

Although I'd expect the number of partners to broaden with MEA's entry into SkyTeam. Not sure whether US carriers would be allowed to share a frequent flyer program with a Lebanese airline though, now that I'm thinking. Since I read around the forums that even code-sharing is not permitted. Who knows.

I think nowadays you can check your balance online. Don't know about issuing awards. Maybe the announced new website with online booking will allow award booking as well? I personally doubt it will.

Ah! And mind the expiration policy if don't clock miles on the card that often. I think they're valid for 3 years, unless it became unlimited. Seek confirmation.
I want the European Union flag on airliners.net!