The last days of DEN

Wed Jan 20, 1999 5:50 am

Hi. I am looking for details on the closing days and whats the airport up to now (DEN-Stapeton). Does anyone know the last flight in/out of the airport? Anything will be appreciated!

flyf15

RE: The last days of DEN

Wed Jan 20, 1999 7:02 am

Well, last time I drove by Stapleton, all the runways and some of the buildings were gone. I read in the newspaper that a company called like Stapleton Development Corp or something wants to turn the land into part of the city, part housing, part parks, part commercial, etc. I think somebody else wants to put a mall and a huge parking lot on the land. An I think there is a another group that wants to make it an industrial center. And I belive there are still others that have ideas for the land.

Cody

Wed Jan 20, 1999 10:49 am

The last flight out was Continental's Denver to London DC-10. There was a private plane that tried to have the honor but the controller made him go first and then Continental got the privilege of going last. I don't know the last flight in. Last time I was there in May, all the continental hangars were there and part of the concourse of the main terminal. I love Stapleton.

Wed Jan 20, 1999 10:52 am

Cody- e-mail me so we can chat!