The last days of DEN

Wed Jan 20, 1999 5:50 am

Hi. I am looking for details on the closing days and whats the airport up to now (DEN-Stapeton). Does anyone know the last flight in/out of the airport? Anything will be appreciated!

flyf15

RE: The last days of DEN

Wed Jan 20, 1999 7:02 am

Well, last time I drove by Stapleton, all the runways and some of the buildings were gone. I read in the newspaper that a company called like Stapleton Development Corp or something wants to turn the land into part of the city, part housing, part parks, part commercial, etc. I think somebody else wants to put a mall and a huge parking lot on the land. An I think there is a another group that wants to make it an industrial center. And I belive there are still others that have ideas for the land.

Cody

Wed Jan 20, 1999 10:49 am

The last flight out was Continental's Denver to London DC-10. There was a private plane that tried to have the honor but the controller made him go first and then Continental got the privilege of going last. I don't know the last flight in. Last time I was there in May, all the continental hangars were there and part of the concourse of the main terminal. I love Stapleton.

Wed Jan 20, 1999 10:52 am

Cody- e-mail me so we can chat!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos