DB777
Topic Author

Just Hire A Lackey To Run MIA And Get It Over With

Sat Nov 20, 2004 1:04 am

A humorous opinion article by famed syndicated columnist Carl Hiassen on the airport director situation at Miami International:

http://www.osceolanewsgazette.com/index.php?option=opinions&task=viewarticle&sid=9580
Photographing aircraft since the Earth was flat and on Airliners.net since #338

bennett123

RE: Just Hire A Lackey To Run MIA And Get It Over With

Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:10 am

Presumably the fact that he has not been sued yet suggests that the article is not wholly fictional.

Is MIA REALLY that bad.

miamiair

Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:29 am

The Miami-Dade County Commision believe MIA is their money printing press. Sad as it is, this makes us out to be in a true Banana Republic. The new mayor suposedly was elected on a platform of runing things without the intrusion of politics, I was wrong. The county manager is the one that needs to go. It is a shame what was dealt to Ms. Gittens.
Molon Labe - Proud member of SMASH

N62NA

Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:16 am

I've only lived down here a year or so, but from what I've heard about the shenanigans that have gone on for years concerning MIA, it makes me furious to hear what the politicians and other thugs have done. It has got to stop.

I hope one day MIA will not be loathed by travellers and vendors alike and have a reputation as one of the best facilities in the world.

Maybe it's time to start considering a political career in county government...