David T
Topic Author

CSI:MIAMI Versus The Ntsb

Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:15 am

OK, lets see if I get this right. There have been 2 episodes of CSI:Miami which involved a plane crash. One was some type of business or commuter jet which crashed into the Everglades and the other was what appeared to be a Cessna crashing into the beach. Both times, the red headed CSI guy (name escapes me right now, mostly because I think his character is perfect for his ego. I honestly can't stand the actor or the character) had pretty much told the NTSB to bugger off.

In the episode with the Everglades crash, it was hilarious when the CSI team was in their lab listening to the cockpit voice recorder for the first time!!! NO NTSB, NO FBI!!!

Last night with the Cessna crash, the CSI guy spots something on the plane that was unusual and does the usual statement... "It's murder..!" The NTSB guy shows up and has a character of a buffoon. The NTSB is largely a non-factor in the whole thing.

Has anyone else seen these episodes???

srbmod

RE: CSI:MIAMI Versus The Ntsb

Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:23 am

I always love how shows like CSI: (Insert City Here), Crossing Jordan, LAX and Las Vegas blur the lines of reality. CSI:Miami, which showcases the overacting abilities of David Caruso seems to be the champ at this.

EZEIZA

Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:12 am

I think you guys are hiding something ... murder!  Big thumbs up
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

EnviroTO

Sun Nov 21, 2004 3:55 am

I don't imagine any of the CSI shows are that realistic but I still watch CSI Vegas. I can't watch CSI Miami because of David Caruso... the way he talks annoys the hell out of me. He always has the same "very serious talking to a child" tone in his voice and says the name of the person he is talking to at the start of every sentence. Arrrgh! Anyways, I doubt that CSI in real life has a small closely knit team doing every aspect of scientific analysis... there is probably a lot more specialization and a lot more stuff done out of house.

godspeed

Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:05 am

This is TV, caught your imagination,didn't it! Just sit back and enjoy!!

Jalto27R

Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:53 am

I always love how shows like CSI: (Insert City Here), Crossing Jordan, LAX and Las Vegas blur the lines of reality. CSI:Miami, which showcases the overacting abilities of David Caruso seems to be the champ at this.

I prefer LAX. You gotta love the whole "no one lands on my runways" kinda attitude. The best part is how just about every aircraft is a 727.

northstardc4m

Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:08 am

all 3 CSIs (original, Miami and NY) throw real world proceedures out the window... so what? Its primetime TV, think the scripters would know that opening a CVR or FDR is a federal crime? nah forget it, enjoy the story but if you wanna pick at facts you are watching the wrong shows. Find a good documentary or read a technical manual.

And don't get me started on 727MelrosePla... eerrr LAX... or Lost... or well you get the idea  Smile
No Fiction TV show will get it right, they dont need to, they dont want to, all they want is ratings and advertisers. Reality TV shows will clip out most of the proceedural stuff cause "it's boring" to "most people". Jane Smith and John Nobody don't care if the ticket code is right, or that engines don't keep running for 3 hours after the crash, or the airport code for London UK is LHR/LGW/STN/even LCY not LON or that a 727 couldnt fly LAX-SYD. What they wanna see is more of the lady with the screaming kids or the doggie that got out of its cage running around the airport, or Heather Locklear screaming about lost donuts... whatever!

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

anair80

Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:39 am

I Just love the CSI shows. Esp. Vegas....

Hey did you guys check the regs on these planes? I checked a couple of them
but none show up in the FAA database. Do they always do that? Put fake regs on the planes? I know it is TV, but sometimes things can be non-fake.

Anair80

northstardc4m

Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:12 am

regs depends on the event i think...

The heli's in CSI's 1st and 2nd season i traced to a couple LV Helicopter charter cos.

The A300 that was used in an early CSI episode (external only) was a Tradewinds bird but called "Air Las Vegas"

Most of the airport overviews, even this season, have National in them and are obviously stock.
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.