bullpitt

Direct Flights From Spain To China

Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:19 am

At least 3 Chinese airlines have shown interest in establishing direct flights, do you think IB will end up setting up a flight to China, even if it's only to keep its competitors on their toes.
These are my principles but if you don't like them I have others

levent

RE: Direct Flights From Spain To China

Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:45 am

Iberia has been studying the market for direct flights to China, but until now didn´t see enough rentability for such a route. They say that traffic from China to Spain isn´t interesting enough revenue-wise. I would expect however an airline such as China Eastern or China Southern to set up a direct link.
Did you know by the way that studying Spanish is extremely popular among the Chinese?

Buyantukhaa

Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:10 am

There was an earlier thread about Spanair possibly flying there:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/1743761/

With current strikes and all I'm not sure whether that plan still exists...
I scratch my head, therefore I am.

bullpitt

Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:19 am

I wonder if Spanair will be here in the near future? How long will SAS put up with an airline that looses money? I think IB might consider a Codeshare flight with a Chinese partner.
These are my principles but if you don't like them I have others

anxebla

Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:24 am

Unfortunatelly IB doesn't want to fly China.According to A.Mullor, IB don't use and will not use any right to fly China.

On the other hand, Air Europa and Air Madrid are interested in trying the Chinese market. What will happen on this issue? I don't Know, but I'm very curious about it.

I think it's a real mistake to refuse importance to the Chinese Market. Again, IB is a bit conservative.
AIRBUS 320 The world's most advanced single-aisle aircraft

GuyBetsy1

Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:06 am

IB can always just codeshare with Oneworld partner BA through LHR to any point in China.

chinaeastern

Tue Nov 23, 2004 12:18 pm

3 chinese carriers interested in direct routes? MU has just suspended PVG-MAD service.
spanish popular among chinese?YES, but far from extremely popular and it doesn't mean anything either.
i do wish IB to start the service though.
codesharing with BA? it'd better be with AY. BA can't even fly to PVG and is only serving PEK at the moment

6thfreedom

Tue Nov 23, 2004 2:11 pm

Given that SQ recently suspended MAD flights, my guess is that TG is picking up a fair bit of that business.

Connections are perfect.

Flights from PVG, PEK and CAN arrive BKK between 20.00 and 22.00, with TG's services to MAD via FCO (3pw) departing around midnight.

Connections on the way back aren't too bad either.

And i'm guessing the Chinese are as interested in Italy as they are in Spain. Two destinations for the price of one!

Southamerica

Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:34 pm

IB can always just codeshare with Oneworld partner BA through LHR to any point in China.

codesharing with BA? it'd better be with AY. BA can't even fly to PVG and is only serving PEK at the moment

Not to mention that they don't even serve PEK daily, but only several times a week with their 777s.

BA does serve HKG with 3 daily flights however, all on 747s.

SOUTHAMERICA