European
Topic Author

New Ryanair Phrase

Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:57 am

Hi all,

I saw this photo on here today and found it interesting.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Ron Kellenaers

I thought it was quite good - your views on it would be great too.

Are there any plans for any more like this and anymore phrases?

Thanks

European
Jimmi
Come on Ryanair! Come on BOH! BASE BASE BASE! Flying high in the skies...........

mhodgson

RE: New Ryanair Phrase

Wed Nov 24, 2004 3:07 am

Quite clever. I flew on it on November 6th, so it must have been practically brand new then - When it turned up at BLK I was sure it was new!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

trident2e

Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:14 am

Is it new? The livery is old style suggesting it's not brand new.

Jaspike

Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:16 am

The aircraft isn't new... just the titles.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Royal S King

Awaiting delivery on the Boeing flight line @ BFI.
Date: November 15, 2002

Tom

[Edited 2004-11-23 21:16:40]

European
Topic Author

Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:14 am

A think there is a new Lufthansa phrase too.

European
Jimmi
Come on Ryanair! Come on BOH! BASE BASE BASE! Flying high in the skies...........

David_itl

Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:12 am

Wonder when they're going to use "We're geographically challenged"  Big grin

David

European
Topic Author

Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:32 am

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Red-Phoenix AirPics

It was painted sometime October. EI-DAD

European
Jimmi

Skymonster

Fri Nov 26, 2004 1:39 am

Another farce from Ryanair. BA is trying to protect its margins in the face of rising oil prices, and I find that fair (pardon the pun) enough - at least they're open enough to say what it costs and what its for. Ryanair, which doesn't publish fares, can just massage their what they charge each passenger upwards through controlled yield management, thereby not directly appearing to apply a surcharge but effectively extracting more money from their passengers.

Furthermore, O'Leary has said that the rising oil price COULD take $50 million off of Ryanair's profits this year, because the airline hasn't hedged its fuel - but I bet it won't (see above). Any other CEO that messed up to that extent and cost his company $50m would be fired... Now there's a thought!

Andy
There are old pilots and there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots

olympicbis

Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:02 am

Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
I am very happy to start in this forum about Mr O'Leary, a joke of a CEO - should I say a low-cost CEO - who runs a joke of an airline !
He has always been the first to paint ridiculous slogans on his - not really as they are leased -aircrafts, while he has himself been subsidized for some years by Belgium's Charleroi Airport. When it comes to being arrogant and rude - watch his language - he really has no limits. It is really regrettable that such a brilliant concept as the "no frills airline", which opened air travel to so many additional people as did the 747 introduction back in the seventies, is being continuously disgraced by Mr O'Leary's behaviour and practices.

European
Topic Author

Fri Nov 26, 2004 4:48 am

Olympicbis,

WELCOME to A.net! Happy Postings.

I do not ever think that an airline would for fit a $50m just for making a few costomers happy - anyway - i think we need to get back onto the subject of Phrases as this could be deleted for not going along with the Topic name!  Smile

European
Jimmi