ghost77

Latin American Airlines Leaders Forum @ MIA

Sun Nov 28, 2004 4:33 am

I was reading on Airlines business the other day and saw an ad of the Latin American Airlines Leaders Forum held past November 17-18, 2004 at the InterContinental Hotel, Miami, Florida.

Top leaders assisted. According to the add the speakers Include:

Fred Smith, Chairman FedEx
Pedro Helibron, CEO, Copa
Juan Emilio Posada, CEO, Avianca
Roberto Kriete, CEO, TACA
Fernando Flores, CEO, AeroMéxico
Simeon García, CEO, Aserca
Ernesto Asbún, CEO, LAB
Emilio Romano, CEO, Mexicana
Nelson Rámiz, CEO, Aeropostal
Mauricio Botelho, CEO, Embraer
Jorge Neves, CEO, Pluna
Marco Antonio Bologna, CEO, TAM
Miguel Candia, CEO, TAM Mercosur
Jorge Cabeza, CEO, TAME
Enrique Cueto, CEO, LanChile
Carlos Luis Martins, CEO, Varig

Does anybody attend to this forum? What was mainly discussed? Something important out of all this speakers?

Ricardo APM

Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

TACAA320

RE: Latin American Airlines Leaders Forum @ MIA

Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:35 am

Not aware of that but they surely have a lot of things [e.g. increasing of the oil prices among the principals maybe] to talk about.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

CRPilot

Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:45 am

I was under the impression that it was a convention for the cargo operators which include everyone you mentioned above. It might be a different summit.
It's interesting that Mauricio Bothelo from Embraer attended. I wonder if anyone else other than Copa is looking at getting RJ's??!?!
Flying is a privilege!

craviation

Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:16 am

I saw some publicity of the event here in Miami. I don't know what I did with it but I'll look around. I wanted to go but I do remember that it was quite expensive. I'll try to get some info on the seminars that were given there.

Saludos

Andre
-CostaRicaAviation-FotosAereasCR.com-

craviation

Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:23 am

This might help:

http://latamleaders.com/i_agenda.htm
-CostaRicaAviation-FotosAereasCR.com-

ghost77

Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:47 pm

I also found the official website for AITAL:
http://www.aital.org/ or http://www.latamleaders.com/

From what I see on both website, looks to me that it was a very important forum celebrated by this Latam Aviation organization. But I still can't believe no one here knows anything about what was spoken in this meeting.

According to latamleaders.com a lot more VIP people from other airlines showed up and also lease companies were invited.

Anyone knows something else about this meeting?

Ricardo APM

latinaviation

Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:21 pm

It's usually a big "who's who" of Latin American aviation where the leasing companies, manufacturers, etc., try and curry good favor with the airline CEOs from the region. I believe in this case, it was to also mark the start of a memorial award in honor of Federico Bloch.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time AITAL has been involved. They used Michael Bell from Spencer Stuart, presumably for his remarkable contacts. However, the big LatAm conference remains the "CEO Conference" at http://www.ceoconference.com, held by AvNews Latin America & Caribbean.

ghost77

Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:49 am

LatinAviation,

Humm... definitely the CEOConference looks by far a bigger and more important event and much better organized. But, I personally don't see the point of being a member of AITAL and going to MIA twice a year to speak about almost the same things as its is usual to see always Latam carriers growth going very slowly and in the worst scenario we have bankrupt airlines or cases like in Perú with a lack of a true national flag carrier owned by Peruvians.

They should also consider the fact of taking this forums to Latam city like MEX, BOG, CCS, GRU, GIG, BsAs, etc, instead of going all the way up north to MIA.

Anyway, I still can't believe no one here knows anything about what was said on the past Nov 17/18th. BTW are you pretending to attend to the next CEOConference? Is it a public event?

Ricardo APM