BillElliott9
Topic Author

PHL NW WorldClub

Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:17 am

Just came back from PHL and noticed the WorldClub is closed (effective 10/31). This is a relatively new facility which was built for the short lived PHL-AMS service. DL and NW both use terminal E and DL has a Crown Room Club which is BEFORE security -- a nice facility but somewhat small. I am surprised that NW and DL just didn't combine the two facilities. Any thoughts?

Happy Holidays.

You can fight without ever winning but never really win without a fight.

burnsie28

RE: PHL NW WorldClub

Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:28 am

According to www.nwa.com it was closed 10/30

BillElliott9
Topic Author

Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:41 am

Thanks Burnsie. I'm just going off of the sign that was taped to the door. Now, if any one has any pertinent information......

m404

Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:36 am

Totally a guess and not "pertinent" but I'm thinking with the money DL is losing and the current lack of NW PHL service little thought was given to combining. Available space where it would do the most good may be a factor as well. PHL is pretty much in flux now and it will be very interesting what happens to your idea when things simmer down a little - i.e. a whole lot of space opening up.
Less sarcasm and more thought equal better understanding

NWAMSPFLYR

Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:31 am

According to the notice through the company, it was unjustified to keep the World Club open in PHL without the flight to AMS and the cost of rent for the location. I got this info. from a NWA World Club rep. that I know.
For now, there are no plans in the future to open the club up again, unless NWA or KLM start the AMS route again. Too bad too since I liked that club.  Angry

-Tom

B4REAL

Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:35 am

I, generally, am surprised the co-op club has not taken off more. Like the NW WorldClub and CO President's Club in ORD. With the dawn of SkyTeam, we probably are not yet complete with integrations that we can see like this.

I think cities like PHL, PHX, DEN, and other large cities/other carrier hubs would be good co-op clubs.
B4REAL, spelled like it sounds

BillElliott9
Topic Author

BillElliott9

Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:05 am

Thanks for the thoughts.

B4real is exactly on target and maybe we will see more coop. It just seems silly for DL have a club that is inconvenient (prior to security) while another has a perfectly good facility which still has the WorldClub titles on it. I would think DL and NW have enough PHL traffic to support a combined club and each save a buck or two in the process.

It is my humble opinion that NW and CO share more than DL and NW do. Maybe this is just a result of the length of each relationship.

usflt1778

Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:21 pm

DL reportedly made an unsuccessful attempt to acquire the WorldClub space to relocate their Crown Room. The upcoming terminal reconstruction will require that space either for a) security checkpoint redesign, and/or b) office space for the newest prominent carrier in terminal E.