BritPilot777
Topic Author

Ch9 & TED

Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:23 am

Hi All,

Now we all know Channel 9 is offered on United Airlines (most flights and aircraft) as part of their IFE.

Now, I'm booked on a United flight to Washington and then TED to Orlando in December, was just wondering whether Channel 9 is available on there to?

Thanks in advance!

Moheet  Smokin cool
Forever Flight

cyberual

RE: Ch9 & TED

Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:52 am

yes..ch9 will be available. TedTunes is a whole lot better than mainline audio programs i think. Enjoy your flight!

planespotting

Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:05 am

yep it is, and you will hear your flight called out as United XXX, all Ted flights are just "United operated for TED" basically.
Do you like movies about gladiators?

BritPilot777
Topic Author

Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:07 am

Thats great, thanks guys,

If anyone else has any comments on TED id be thankful!

Moheet  Smokin cool
Forever Flight

mm320cap

Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:30 am

Moheet,

One tip. Most Captains will have channel 9 on, but if you happen to get unlucky and find one that doesn't, you might try politely asking the Flight Attendant if he/she would mind asking the Captain to turn it on for this leg. When I was an F/O I knew a few Captains that wouldn't use it but turned it on at passenger's request. I use it every leg (altough I did just have a passenger send up a "DEMAND" that I change altitudes. He heard me ask the controller about the ride higher and heard that it was smoother. Of course he didn't see the TCAS showing another airplane right above us.)

Other than that, TED is pretty standard. Try to get a seat in the front of the plane (about row 11 and foward), that is Economy Plus and offers more legroom. If you dig it, you can go on-line to Flyted.com and get some merchandise. I've got a few shirts that I wear around. It's actually quite amusing how many people like to call me Ted!

Thanks for your business

Miles