FLAIRPORT

Group Booking...FLL-NYC

Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:45 am

Ok...well, the time is almost here. My school will be headed up to NYC for a choral proformance some time between FEB and APR. I have offered to look for a good fare as soon as details are available.

So, I know the airlines that fly to the area...and I am open to anything. Is there a way to do group bookings online?

Also, I anticipate having to look for a fare for around 60 people! How do the airlines handle this in terms of getting the passengers seated together and ect? Anything else I should know while shopping for group fares?

If anyone wants to do resersh on the vague info I produced, I am looking mainly at LGA, but we were booked to JFK on jetBlue last year (before having to cancel), so I am open to all of the big 3. I want to avoid Islip, but I might stick it in there for comparison sake. (gotta give Southwest a nod!)
NEXT FLIGHT: FLL-ATL-HPN on FL

jetbluefan1

RE: Group Booking...FLL-NYC

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:54 am

Go ahead and call JetBlue reservations at 1-800-JetBlue, and then ask to be connected to the JetBlue Group Res. Desk. While the desk only operates during certain hours, you can leave a message with the range of people flying and a period around the dates, and then a rep. will call you back. JetBlue is also the best bet because they offer the most frequencies to LGA (and JFK) than any other carrier, and you'll definitely find a good fare if you book well in advance.

Hope this helps!

JetBluefan1

MAH4546

RE: Group Booking...FLL-NYC

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:55 am

I want to avoid Islip, but I might stick it in there for comparison sake. (gotta give Southwest a nod!)

Unless you plan on staying in Long Island, flying a group of 60 kids into Islip to get to Manhattan is the most absurd idea, even if you save $10 a head flying Southwest. It is a terrible idea.

Call jetBlue over the phone to get group rates.
a.