jmc1975

UAL On The Road To Success W/ $114M Loss?

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:08 am

I didn't see anything posted on this yet, so here's an interesting link.

http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/041130/airlines_united_1.html

[Edited 2004-12-01 00:22:15]

srbmod

RE: UAL Back On The Road To Success?

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:20 am

But the question is why are they still allowed to stay in CH. 11? I can understand the reasons not to exit it too quickly (see US Airways), but staying under CH. 11 protection for almost two years is practically an abuse of the system. Typically if a company has stayed in CH. 11 this long, they're either a.) About to have a trustee to run things or b.) About to go from CH. 11 to CH. 7. It honestly seems as though UAL Corp.'s upper management doesn't have the balls to play hardball with some of their employee groups. It's been all talk no walk; if Delta can manage to get their pilots to take a pay cut, what's keeping UAL from getting their stubborn employee groups from doing the same?

sdkualeb

RE: UAL On The Road To Success W/ $114M Loss?

Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:47 am

Hey Srbmod
I worked for United 8 years I just got laid off Nov7th. Prior to that I took a 23% pay cut. I then had to pay for benefits, work rule changes, how much more can a person do before they have to start paying UAL to work for them, next is going to be Welfare for me give me a break here,

honestly seems as though UAL Corp.'s upper management doesn't have the balls to play hardball with some of their employee groups. It's been all talk no walk; if Delta can manage to get their pilots to take a pay cut, what's keeping UAL from getting their stubborn employee groups from doing the same?

We already did it 2 years ago what more do you want