masonaries

Commercial Aviation Video

Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:03 pm

First, I couldn't get the "Hobby" section to come up. I'm looking for a Christmas gift for my father, what's the best commercial aviation video out there? I'd like either a behind the scenes look at an airline or a takeoff to touchdown cockpit video. Any help would be appreciated. I went to justplanes.com and saw a DVD entitled "The Big Apple," looks pretty cool.

Bondo

jumbojim747

RE: Commercial Aviation Video

Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:26 pm

Masonaries
Why don't you give him a first class membership at A.net.
He would love it if he loves aviation or has he got one already.  Smile
On the other hand just planes like you mentioned is not a bad goer.
On a wing and a prayer

avroarrow

RE: Commercial Aviation Video

Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:00 pm

Well if you want a more technical look at aircraft systems while flying in an airliner. I might suggest looking at the ITVV series of videos. (The A320 is my personal favorite, that and the Concorde one they do.)
If you want to look more at scenery and a variety of routes and countries then the World Air Routes/ Just Planes people are great too. World Air Routes/Just Planes has a much wider selection of airlines and aircraft types than ITVV, but the systems demos generally aren't as in depth or sometimes non-existent depending on title in question. There is also another series produced by a company called Avion that does Just Planes style spotting videos as well as some vintage type stuff. I haven't seen any of these myself, so I can't vouch for the quality.
Regards
Give me a mile of road and I can take you a mile. Give me a mile of runway and I can show you the world.