Here are some Q & A's about Mexico's ridiculous aviation... Enjoy the sarcasm!
1) What country has over 100 million people and only about 5% can fly?
2) What country has 2 different airlines run by the government and compete (even though they are uniting forces) with each other for passengers?
Aeromexico & Mexicana
3) What country finds itself receiving one of the newest airplanes in the world (A318) yet still flies one of the oldest of this type in the world (DC-9)?
4) What country, as I've said before, has over 100 million people flies less than 10 widebodied aircraft?
2 X 767-300 (Aeromexico XA-APB & Mexicana XA-MXB)
5 X 767-200 (Aeromexico XA-TNS, XA-OAM, XA-JBC, XA-TOJ
5) What country wakes up one day with news about 5 new startups (3 in service)?
Alliance, Aerolineas de la Provincia, Magnicharters VIP, Mesoamericanas and AVolar.
6) What country has less than 10 jets for cargo operations?
Ohh yeah... Mexico!
1 X 767 MASAir
3 X A300 Aerounion
1 X 727 Mexicana de Carga
7) What country can afford tickets on 1,500 miles segments for $700 USD?
about $7500 pesos
8) But also, what country offered $99 pesos one way tickets for a 1800 mile segment?
Mexico of course!
$99 pesos by TAESA!
9) What country can soon boast to be a 737 heaven?
That's right... Mexico!
Aviacsa, Azteca, Aeromexico, Magnicharters, Global
10) Which country will no longer have a new airport?
I think it's Mexico... Yes, thanks to those macheteros!
Do I need to say more? I don't think so... Just a bit of humour for my fellow Mexican and international friends who follow up close Mexican Aviation! Let's enjoy it at its best! We have a lot to offer!
A. De Leo