b764

CLT-YYZ-YAM On AC?

Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:48 am

I have some questions concerning the proposed itinerary.

1) On this route, where will I have to go through customs? YYZ or YAM or both? How about on the return? I think the AC CRJ taxis to a domestic gate upon arrival in CLT. Is a US Passport the only thing required?

2) Is YYZ hard to make connections? How long should I plan for a transfer? Will this include a stop in customs?

3) Is there any additional arrival or departure taxes similar to caribbean destinations?

4) How is AC Jazz? It guess I'll be on a DH-8 to YAM.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

iluv747400

RE: CLT-YYZ-YAM On AC?

Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:06 am

You'll definitely go through customs in YYZ in both directions. The U.S Customs and Immigration is done in Toronto as a pre-clearance as in most other transborder flights so it arrives like a domestic flight in the U.S.

Noise

Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:24 am

Why are you going to YAM for?

FLYACYYZ

Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:42 am

Both inbound (CDN) and outbound (US) customs formalities are handled at YYZ. No customs YYZ-YAM as you're travelling on a domestic flight.

Transfer formalities are a minor nuisance, as YYZ airport undergoing major transformation. Arriving from CLT you will arrive at the US regional east hold terminal, followed by a bus ride to Terminal 2, customs clearance, and then a shuttle bus to Terminal 1. Departing will be the same procedure in reverse. Allow yourself at least 1:15 to 1:30 for connections.

No additional airport improvement taxes. Our respective governments are already soaking us for extorion-like taxes, as reflected on your ticket.

Jazz flights to YAM are on DH8 100/300 series. Friendly staff. Just your basic 50 minute dash flights.

Travel safe!
Above and Beyond

b764

Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:28 pm

I'm actually visiting relatives in Michigan. However, I want to use my Dividend Miles on AC before they are no good. My only other choice is to fly UA into TVC then rent a car for the 4 hour drive north. Can anyone tell me what the terminal is like @ YAM?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos