flybynight

A Sad Day For My Brothers Friend

Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:18 pm

http://www.komotv.com/stories/34263.htm

Out of respect, I won't post any picture of the plane, or the video. My brother's very good friend was the pilot/owner of this Cessna that crashed during touch & go's at Renton airport (same airport where 737's are build - in fact, the plane crashed between two new 737's).
Plane suffered engine failure and fell from about 500 feet. Burst into a massive fireball. If it wasn't for the fireball, the pilot might have made it.
Since the name of the pilot has not been made public, I will refrain from posting that as well.

My brother was in this plane countless times, and he shot some great video and pictures of the Seattle area.

Tragic. And reminder of how when it goes wrong, it can really go wrong.
Heia Norge!

BIGBlack

RE: A Sad Day For My Brothers Friend

Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:28 pm

Thoughts to his family. Sad day indeed.
Someone special in the air

clickhappy

Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:30 pm

went and had a look at the crash site this morning, very sad indeed, very lucky that others werent hurt.

ua777222

Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:36 pm

Flybynight,

Tell your brother that my thoughts are with his friend. I had an older friend of mine died in a crash. He was cleared onto the runway while another a/c was cleared to land on the same runway. He powered up to depart and the two met about 100ft down the runway. Again he didn't have a chance.

What makes me feel better about the incident is that he died doing what he loved most (he was a navy pilot and after retiring became a Lear pilot out of LGB and then became a very wise and helpful friend who lived near by). I would go out with him almost every weekend b/c he had to keep his hours current and well I loved to fly and I loved to hear his stories even more.

When you say A Reminder Of How When It Goes Wrong, It Can Really Go Wrong Know that in turn it can bring such fun and happiness. No not about his death. This happened about 2 years ago and when I arrived at the house to speak to his family I met my current flight instructor who was a good friend of his. Now we can share those same stories that he once told us with others. I don't mean to sound corny but things will workout. Relationships will be formed and they will last forever.

Again deepest thoughts with your brother and his friend's family.

Take Care My Friend,

UA777222
"It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark."

pilotaydin

Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:36 pm

oh my, im sorry to hear that, i am glad ur brother was not onboard, may the pilot RIP  Sad

my thoughts to all affected...  Sad
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!

COAMiG29

Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:38 pm

thoughts to his family his brother and anyone who knew him. hopefully whatever caused this tragedy can be prevented from causing accidents in the future.

Sorry about your brothers loss

--COAMiG29--
If Continental had a hub at DFW with nonstop flights I would always fly them, unfortunantely good things take time.

flybynight

Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:50 pm

UA777222- Funny you should say that. I said the same thing to my wife. As horrible as it obviously is to die in a fiery crash, "to go" doing something you love is something small to take away.
Of course, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in an aircrash.

By the way, if you carefully look at he picture, you can see a 737 parked somewhat in front of the crash site.
I will post some pictures in a couple of days.
Heia Norge!

pilotpip

Tue Dec 07, 2004 2:27 pm

One of the saddest truths about aviation is that if you're around it long enough, it will kill somebody you know.  Sad

I agree with the other members that have said that he was doing what he loves. I can't agree more. I hope that I can be fortunate enough to be doing something I love when it's my time. My prayers are with you and your brother, as well as the family of the friend your brother lost Flybynight.
DMI

COAMiG29

Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:55 am

my condolences again
please tell your brother that i am sorry for his loss  Sad

I have been in an aircrash and couldent agree more with was said about going while doing somthing you love.

i know this is a tough time but if i may say one thing without being quoted and having negative remarks it is this. (with my expirence in an aircrash you dont even know what happened until it is over and if you should unfortuantely go during the crash i can garuntee you will feel nothing).

again i am very sorry about your loss I know what it is like to lose a friend.

sincerely

-coamig29- Sad
If Continental had a hub at DFW with nonstop flights I would always fly them, unfortunantely good things take time.

777ER
Crew

Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:05 pm

My the pilot RIP

regards
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net for all Moderator contact

virginlover1

Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:30 pm

Deepest Sympathy to the families of those involved may the rest in peace
if it fly's i will photo it

ANCFlyer

Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:32 pm

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Regards . . . .

Pep
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND