BIGBlack
Topic Author

Question About Midway Airlines Demise

Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:18 pm

Midway was bought by US correct? What did US do with those 737-700's? Why don't they operate those? Did they sell them for cash to someone else or did they just buy Midways routes and the A/C's went elsewhere. Thoseplanes were new(er). What gives?
Someone special in the air

OPNLguy

RE: Question About Midway Airlines Demise

Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:09 pm

The only connection that I recall Midway (v2.0) having with USAirways (who didn't buy them) was that Midway was going to run RJs as one of USAirways' partners. Midways' 737-700s were never involved with this, and they were all disposed of to various operators around the world.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

RDUDDJI

Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:06 pm

dang, Midways been brought up a bunch recently. Midway operated about 5 CRJ's as USX for a short while. I actually have some pictures of N592ML and N593ML in the USX livery on a.net somewhere. It was short lived. I believe AC Jazz ended up with the majority of JI's RJ's and I think I saw a few in ZW's Airtran Jet Connect livery too and I know DH has at least one. The 737's went all over the globe. Schenzen, Virgin Blue (I think) took a few and some others I can't recall.
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

BIGBlack
Topic Author

Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:15 am

Thanks. I was under the impression US bought them from some website....

http://weather.ou.edu/~fiore/deadairlines.html

Midway is missed that why I am asking. That BOS-RDU run was fantastic.
Someone special in the air