windshear

Which Airline Do You Trust The Most

Fri Mar 17, 2000 4:53 am

As a kind of sequel to my previus question, I now ask of you to name some of the airlines in which you trust and some of those in which you do not.
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

JAT

RE: Which Airline Do You Trust The Most

Fri Mar 17, 2000 5:13 am

I trust JAT because they have one of the toughest pilot schools in the world. Also, the accidents that JAT was involved in were almost never due to pilot error.

I also trust Eeastern European, especially now that they are almost all using all-western fleets. The pilots of these airlines used to fly Russian planes which (I think) is a lot tougher than Western planes.

Basically, I am happy with airlines that have good safety records.

I wouldn't fly Korean and on very old Russian planes (i.e. YAK-40) belonging to some back-water airline nobody has ever heard of.

RJNUT

Fri Mar 17, 2000 5:26 am

Southwest, of course

i dont trust Korean or China Airlines or any airline in Colombia

tr1492

Fri Mar 17, 2000 5:51 am

Of airlines I've flown,

Most trusted - Delta, United, Continental

Least Trusted - AirTran, Northwest (please see my post on the recent thread "best/worst aircraft you have flown on" for an explanation)

Of airlines I have not flown, but hope to soon:

Most Trusted - BA, Lufthansa, El Al, Virgin

Least - Korean, Tower (R.I.P., I hope), any African airline (too bad, as I will be traveling extensively in Africa shortly!)

Regards,
TR

VirginA340

Fri Mar 17, 2000 9:33 am

TR try South African Airlines I heard that they are very good in terms of service and safety. They also have newer aircraft.

The airlines I trust the most are;
Virgin Atlantic
United
Delta
Air Canada
Jet Airways of India
ANA
Anssett
Sindapore Airlines
Japan Airlines
Air New Zealand
US Airways
Continental

Least trusted;
British Airways (I've had problems (mainly employee rudness and some racists employees that got ugly with me during a recent JFK-LHR flight)with them which why I'm now going to Virgin for tran atlantic trips.
Air India Too many delays mechanical problems and security problems.
Air Tran
NorthWest ( Highest complaints according to D.O.T reports including the planes that got stuck in the snowstorm with full loaded passengers for 8 hours at Detriot Metro)
"FUIMUS"

blink182

Fri Mar 17, 2000 9:38 am

it all depends on the safety record and type and age, i would not fly with KAL or China airlines and i would not fly a 25 year old 747 overseas and anyday, i would not fly a russian aircraft, i would fly boeing or airbus any day
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

Fri Mar 17, 2000 10:32 am

Trusted-Singapore Airlines
Lufthansa
Virgin

Least-Korean
Air Koryo

teahan

Fri Mar 17, 2000 10:32 am

Swissair      

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Allan Rossmore

Click for large version

Photo © Robert Pichler

Click for large version

Photo © Stefano Pagiola

Jeremiah Teahan      
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

LH423

Fri Mar 17, 2000 10:52 am

British Airways. Always good service, and upgrading fleets is only going to get better, just so long as they start posting a profit.

For safety, QANTAS, never had a fatal disaster, and despite the Bangkok accident, these things happen.

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Fri Mar 17, 2000 11:29 am

The airlines I can put my faith in the most:

For safety: QANTAS
For service: Ansett and Singapore Airlines
For animals in the cabin and shocking condition of
aircraft: Myanma Airways (not MAI)
For attempted landing on a highway: Garuda (people in Perth will know what I am talking about)
For serving you food to make you want to throw up: Aeroflot (the old Soviet airline, not ARIA)
For giving you upgrades: Just about any airline I have flown with

Adam84

Fri Mar 17, 2000 12:31 pm

My 2 most trusted airline, Continental for their on-time performance, and Hawaiian for their excellent service.

My least trusted, Northwest for horrible service and horrible on-time performance, and Aloha for snooty flight attendants and dirty planes.

baec777

Fri Mar 17, 2000 4:10 pm

I Trusts Them Airlines:

British Airways
Royal Jordanian Air
Delta Air

I Do Not Trusts Them Airlines:

American Air
Valujet Air
Middle East Air

Don't blame me at all .... I know the problems with them airlines !!!

Bassim  

Fri Mar 17, 2000 4:25 pm

I can always trust Southwest, Reno Air (but it's dead now), and Cathay Pacific.

I Cannot trust CUBANA airlines. I have heard they are the worst with duct taped planes! I don't think anyone can trust a plane with Duct tape all over it. And I don't trust aging aircrafts.

-WiL SW737

Wi SW737

Fri Mar 17, 2000 4:46 pm

It is a shame you don't trust ageing aircraft, as you are missing out on an experience if you don't have a flight aboard a DC-3, DC-4 or any of the other older aircraft.

What About LH?

Fri Mar 17, 2000 9:26 pm

From my point of view Lufthansa is one of the safest airlines in the whole world. Actually I can't remember what time a bad incident happened to a LH-aircraft.

I trust LH most of all airlines.

Anton P.

Fri Mar 17, 2000 10:03 pm

hey everyone....
how come noone has mentionend
Scandinavian Airlines
SAS???

They are a great airline, nice F/As, very good frequent flyer program and they are very safe aswell...

I know the had one crash in 92 or something due to ice on the wings..

noone was killed eventhough the plane landed on a field
was broken in three parts...

The pilot slowed down the speed of the plane by landing on the treetops and then skidded/crashed on the field...

that just shows me how good the pilot was!!!

I will always trust SAS, I reckon more people oughta do that aswell

SAS- It's Scandinavian

by the way...Yes I am Swedish

any thoughts???
Regards
Anton Pettersson

na

Sat Mar 18, 2000 12:16 am

Though they could improve service on the ground (got better in the last year, thank god) I always feel very safe onboard Lufthansa planes. I had a hundred or so flights with them - when it comes to a safe allround feeling they are my clear favourites.
Don´t have enough experience with Qantas, though...

eg777er

Sat Mar 18, 2000 2:39 am

Gulf Air, British Airways and Cathay Pacific.

Why? All their pilots are trained at the most comprehensive pilot training facility in the world, the British Aerospace Flight Academy at Prestwick in Scotland.

Have you ever noticed, BTW, that BA pilots always have same confidence-inspiring accent. If I was ever to be in trouble on an aircraft, please let it be BA!!

windshear

Sat Mar 18, 2000 5:06 am

EL AL is in my trust, i know I'am in good hands both in maintennence, safety and pilot skill.
SAS has very good maintennence.
Others include:
UA, Singa, Qantas, Cathay, Hawaiian and many more
"If you believe breaking is possible, believe in fixing also"-Rebbe Nachman

Lufthansa747

Sat Mar 18, 2000 7:53 am

I trust Lufthansa the most. They have very modern aircraft, excellent maintenance, skilled pilots, nice flight attendants and so on. Also Finnair is a very safe airline.

I don't trust Korean, or any African airline expect SAA.

LH747
Air Asia Super Elite, Cebu Pacific Titanium

dustweek

Alaska Airlines

Sat Mar 18, 2000 7:55 am

Flying in fog, cold, wind, rain or near a cloud of volcanic ash, there's no one I'd rather fly with.

woodsboy

Sat Mar 18, 2000 7:56 am

Delta all the way, by far the best of the domestics.

worst? Alaska Airlines, let me tell you, as a former employee that company cares about NOTHING but money- everything including safety takes a back seat. Ask any pilot, flight attendant, Customer Service AGent or Ramper. They will all tell you the same thing whether they are current or former employees. Those still employed by the company would happily mutiny, I'm surprised it hasnt happened yet.

RWally

Sat Mar 18, 2000 9:42 am

These are the airlines I trust:
American
United
Delta
Northwest
Alaska
British Airways

These are some I don't trust:
Southwest
Midwest

This airline is in between:
TWA

Safest And Message For Gundu

Sat Mar 18, 2000 6:15 pm

Trusted Airlines:

1. Cathay Pacific -- The best safety and maintenance, Rolls Royce powered.
2. Qantas Airways -- Great maintenance program and also RR powered.
3. British Airways -- Well maintained aeroplanes and product innovators.
4. Air New Zealand -- Good maintenance and high aircraft utilisation.

A message for GUNDU -- extreme assh***:

Your choice is very biased and I doubt SQ is the most trusted given its incident with Silkair which crashed off Indonesia 2 years ago.....how can I believe you on this....is this a joke or what....very misleading!!!

Gundu, you must be so sad that SQ didn't get to buy Ansett and Air New Zealand. I hope SQ doesn't get what they want. Also the Virgin deal with SQ is a laughing stock. No one takes Virgin seriously....they are a joke and a laughing stock and SQ has bought 49% of a laughing stock......bad choice.

v jet

Sat Mar 18, 2000 6:35 pm

Airline2000
Qantas is also P&W and GE powered. Does that make a difference?

Jubilee777

To:Airline2000

Sat Mar 18, 2000 10:27 pm

Excuse me, but you seem to be very biased against Gundu.

Firstly, besides Gundu, there are other people who also list Singapore Airlines as their trusted...like Virgin340 and Windshear. But you only seem to attack the view of a single person, -- Gundu.

Secondly, you yourself are guilty of being biased towards Cathay Pacific. You claim that they have the best safety and maintainence.......endorsed by ??? Also their A340 are not powered by RR.

Thirdly, what is so special about Rolls Royce engines that make it the safe engine in the skies?

Next, if Virgin is not to be taken seriously, why does British Airways always have trouble with them and take extra precaution against them?? (This is in another post which is about VS and BA).

For the question, my choice will be (no oreder of preference)
Trusted:
1)Qantas: flown them the most times and not having to worry about safety.
2)Cathay Pacific
3)Singapore Airlines

turbulence

Sat Mar 18, 2000 10:46 pm

About what's heard: Singapore, Cathay are safe.

But for sure there are some other companies, and not only american ones, and largest ones. For sure I agree with them: Delta, AA, TWA, etc. And also Lufthansa, BA, KLM. They all have good records.

but, for example of not so big companies:
what about Iberia, Spain? Their records are with the best
what about Olympic, Greece? They never had any deads, and the pilots are some of the best prepared in Europe
what about VASP, Brazil? They never had one only problem with any a/c

The less trusted ones? no names, but quite in general could talk about many center americans, africans, ex-sovietics and comunists

BTW: Windshear: are you concerned about flying?
Teahan: no doubt about SR. But aren't you “voting” your country?
Airline2000: I agree with Jubilee777

Best turbulences!

Sun Mar 19, 2000 3:15 am

Qantas Cathay Virgin BA

--------------------------------------------
www.PlaneTalk7.com

killjoy

Sun Mar 19, 2000 6:46 am

Finnair.

No matter what would happen I'd rather be sitting in a Finnair aircraft than in another airline's one.

That way I'd know I'd get down safe.

RE: Which Airline o You Trust The Most

Sun Mar 19, 2000 8:32 am

I trust DELTA with my dog more than any other airline
but not with my own seat cause they overbook flights and I WONT fly them ever if the stopover is Atlanta cause I know I wont make my intended times.

I used to love AA but now that they seem to be using MD80S for long flights and it is growing harder and harder to find a widebody flight with them I have to go UAL.

I used to hate Continental but it is clear to me that they ahve changed for the better.

However, I wont fly them until they wise up and fly larger planes to my market. I will not fly a turbo prop out of PVD or BOS on Continental when I can get a 757 on UAL.

I dont fancy the chances of being delayed at ORD on UAL but I have found them to handle the whole situation with a great deal of professionalism and to date I have never had more than a 10 minute delay when I have flown them through there.

AA,TWA, buy some bigger planes. Boston isnt exactly cow country and if I can get widebodies on UAL and NWA I should atleast get a 757 with a movie on you. Until then I will go UAL or Delta (if I have my dog with me)

Sun Mar 19, 2000 8:54 am

When I book a flight I take Lufthansa. I wouldn`t take ........ hmmmmm, actually there are too many to count.

Axe

Sun Mar 19, 2000 9:57 am

Hi Windshear!

Trust: Quantas, EVA, Air New Zealand, JAL

and NOT: Kenya airways, AVIANCA, Cubana and most other south-american and african airlines.
Stick to the renowned ones!

Grtz, Axe

AerLingus

Sun Mar 19, 2000 10:27 am

I trust: American.

Why: Good service, cleanliness, friendly flight crew, and safety. I loovve the new enteriors. I have never felt so at ease on any other carrier. My only complaint is finding crayon scribbles on a tray table once.

I don't trust: KAL, China Air, NWA, or any airline south o' the border.

Why: For obvious reasons.
Get your patchouli stink outta my store!

Lauda 777

Sun Mar 19, 2000 10:58 am

British Airways....No doubt!

Lauda 777, Stockholm
Joystick for flightsim. Yokes for real planes.

VirginA340

James Brown A.k.a Airline 2000

Mon Mar 20, 2000 8:10 am

Dear Mr Brown;

Virgin is not a laughing stock nor is Singapore. I've flown with them mre than 7 times on each airline and I flew BA 8 times (mostly JFK-LHR, EWR-LHR and LHR-IGA) 5 out of seven times I've been stuck on their old 747-100 or 200 aircraft with faded interiors, lost interior panels that shold've been bloted down put they were loose or missing and in some plances you could see various cables thans runs within the aircraft. As I mentioned before that I've had run ins with racism at BA. On three of my trips on BA I've experincenced rude and racist employees. One occasion while I was about to board the plane in JFK. The BA employee asked my dad a question. He didn't hear it being asked. Then the agent yelled the question to my dad. the employee's syelling was so loud that 10 passengers behind us and 5 who where in-front had heard him. I went up to him and informed him that his behavior is unacceptable and that i demanded to see his supervisor. The sypervisor was much worse. Hewas telling me that his employee did nothing wrong. Most of the other passengers who saw this stayed with us to help out. As I turned away to walk toward my mom I heard him mumble "Fucking hindus" Apparently he wasn't quiet enogh because myself and 6 other passengers heard him. I then came back and remarked " I see why your losing business to Virgin because at least their employees treat people with respect despite race, skin color or religon" The agent then treatened to have me and my family arrested if I didn't go away. I then informed his that I have family members working for Port Authority, U.S Customs, The New york City Police Department. All were working in the airport that day as well as the witnesses I had. I didn't get arrested. Needless to say I didn't get an apology but that's doesn't matter beause I fly with Virgin between JFK-LHR. They have better seats, flight crew and the employees treat me with respect. The interior is beautiful and no problems yet. If it wasn't for virgin; fare to LHR would be expensive and BA would have all the old PAn Am and TWA gates. Virgin suggested in putting the slots into a pool so all airlines could be eligable. BA found this to be a threat. So they organized a Dirty tricks Campaign against Virgin in the late 80s and early 90s. BA was sued and the lost was was ordered to pay Virgin a huge amount of money. Virgin welcomes competition to LHR while BA will do anything to stop it from happening. At the end United, American and Virgin got into Heathrow as well as British Midland. Soon to come Continental and Delta. Keep in mind Virgin and Singapore had the best inflight entertainment before BA. If this didn't happen. Then you will be board on your next JFK-LHR trip on BA.
"FUIMUS"

Tue Mar 21, 2000 12:25 am

Hi.

Definitely Finnair! Finnair has the best Tehcnical department of all airlines in the world. That has been proven. Pilot's are amazingly great! They know their job well. No accidents. As of what I recall the only accident (where an aircraft and a lot of lives were lost) happened many decades ago while still operating under the name "AERO OY". Sure, the service from the flight attendants isn't the best there is to offer on some airlines, but that's not the most important thing, is it   And, we shouldn't forget that the very last year, Finnair celebrated it's 75th birthday! Yes, Finnair is one of the oldest still operating airlines in the world, and it sure has proven to be one of the best airlines there has been, there is now, and there will ever be in the Earth as we know it!

Joona
zippy@kolumbus.fi
EFHK

CaptainKirk

Wed Mar 22, 2000 12:30 am

Domestic...I've spent hundreds of hours on Alaska and
Southwest and love them both. Alaska hires a lot of
ex-military pilots with plenty of experience, and they
have a lot of veteran pilots who know how to fly into
the fog, ice, snow and short runways in Alaska. You
should discount the comments of 'Woodsboy' who claims
to be an 'ex' Alaska employee. The key comment is 'ex'.
Alaska employees are loyal to the company and paid
well considering the size of the company. Even the
rampers just got a pay raise.

Thank You VS340!

Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:59 pm

Thank you very much A340.You said what I wanted to say.Airline2000 somehow doesnt like me,maybe from the SIA sues BA post.A340 care to talk with me?My e-mail is here

Now More Than Ever-A Great Way To Fly!

Gundu

TP1685

Wed Mar 22, 2000 6:54 pm

I trust:
Tap-Air Portugal
Lufthansa

I don't trust:
Iberia
Russian Airlines
China Airlines
Swissair

El Al 001

I Trust In El Al

Wed Mar 22, 2000 7:21 pm

only at El Al i feel the best, all El Al's pilots are ex-pilots of the Israeli Air Force, they now how to fly an aircraft at any situation! El Al is also good by the service, upgrades and it's new planes

Wed Mar 22, 2000 8:35 pm

Most Trusted: Ansett Australia, Singapore Airlines, United Airlines, Delta Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, All other decent airlines.

Least Trusted: All others not listed, Qantas.

Heffer.

Kuba74

Fri Mar 24, 2000 11:19 pm

Airlines I trust:

LUFTHANSA- only accident I can remember took place in Warsaw in 1992. A320 (FRA-WAW) crashed during landing in storm.One person died (it was a flight captain)
SAS- really reliable airline
LOT- Polish airline (by the way I`m Polish)- modern fleet (B767,B737,ATR72/42,EMBRAER 145),it`s oldest a/c was built in 1989. Not involved in serious accident since 1987 (it was IL-62)- it is considered as the best East European airline.

Airlines I do not trust at all:

KOREAN- you know why

Fri Mar 24, 2000 11:23 pm

I trust American Airlines the most, because they have friendly captains and they have a delightful crew. Also because they put more room in their 777's.
787 Italia - Io, il comandante dell'aria