PVG
Topic Author

BOEING'S Marketing Strategy

Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:46 am

Seems that some of Boeing's problems are directly linked to poor management and strategy. I'm in international marketing and I'm on a plane 2 or 3 times a week visiting people and especially important clients. I don't understand how it is that you can have clients complaining about not enough visits. That is what marketing people are supposed to do, go visit the customer, find out what they are doing, what are their future plans, how can you help them, what can you do better?????? Anyway, thought that this article was interesting. Maybe there's more to the story, if anyone knows more, please comment.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/202773_air08.html

Hirnie

RE: BOEING'S Marketing Strategy

Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:25 pm

Very interesting article. I believe that it is true in some cases that Airbus did a better job in "selling" its product, I mean in certain years Boeing was so much the lead of the marked that they didn`t care of doing a god job in marketing...Airbus caught this one...In the end there are so much factors involved before a plane is sold........we never will know the whole truth!

roseflyer

RE: BOEING'S Marketing Strategy

Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:29 pm

That is a pretty good article from Boeing's hometown newspaper. I really respect this decision on the part of Allan Mullaly, Harry Stonecipher and the rest of the Boeing executives. I have met Allan Mullaly before (I went to high school with one of his daughters), and have a lot of respect for him as he seemed like a very intelligent but quiet individual. Maybe more spark will be a good thing to get the company going in the sales department to get that vital revenue figure up.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos