There is the list I've been waiting for! Thank you
1. Package out all unionized staff with over 10 years experience. ---- Militant unions could drag that one to court for years to come.
2. Demand wage reductions & productivity increases to the LCC levels. --- Difficult, but needed.
3. Lobby the fed govt for the FA
:passenger ratio. ---- Won't happen. Liberals still think AC
is a crown corp.
4. Fire Milton. --- Let's see how the first year out of bankruptcy goes
5. Lobby the fed govt to drop the bilingual reqt. --- Read (3)
6. Reduce mgmt ranks drastically. --- Can be done easily, but must be done in such a fashion that other management staff is not overburdened by work. Despite poor productivity thanks to union work rules, management is streched pretty thin right now.
7. Merge AC
Jazz operations, unions. ---- I disagree. Keep Jazz apart so it may be sold at a later date. Merging the unions will only make them stronger.
8. Lobby the fed govt to relocate the HQ
to recruit top mgmt talent. --- Read (3).
9. Cancel either the CRJ or the ERJ order. They are contradictory. --- I assume this is concerning the ERJ-175/CRJ-705 order. They will be used on different routes. They are separate airlines with separate mx.
10. Transfer all CRJ/ERJ ops to Jazz. --- Union work rules prevent tranfer of 90-seat ERJs to Jazz.
11. Sell the small 2-fleet 345. ---- I say increase the fleet size.
12. Institute a fuill burdened per route profitability model, and drop the routes that lose money. --- Agreed.
13. Require staff training for all fron line employees to improve attitudes to customers. --- Agreed.
14. Fire unionized staff that cause customer complaints. Very Agreed
15. Abandon the market share strategy and shrink to a profitable core. --- That seems to be the point of the strategy. They believe that the new smaller jets will allow AC
to make money on smaller, thinner routes.
16. Keep Milton (while employed) on the ground in YUL
running the business and focused on cost cutting and revenue generation. NO PR
stunts with Celine. NO photo ops with other Star Alliance CEO's. ---- The CEO must attend Star meetings as well as PR
is am internationally recognized company. It is not your mom and pop store.
17. Drop the pension plans. AC
is an airline, not a mutual fund. --- I'll agree with you on that one. Management has switched over to the new plans (I believe), and so should union staff. People should be responsible for taking care of their own retirement.