IslipWN
Topic Author

Can I Get Another Frequent Flyer Card?

Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:17 am

I lost my wallet. I had everything in it... including all of my frequent flyer cards. Southwest, United, U.S. Airways, Delta, American, Continental, and then a few paper cards as well. Is there a way that the airlines will send me another card?

Thanks,
Joe

Sabena332

RE: Can I Get Another Frequent Flyer Card?

Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:19 am

Just call them, explain that you lost your FF card and in a few days you will have a new one.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

trident2e

Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:28 am

As Sabena332 says, getting replacements is simply a matter of telling the airline concerned. However, in my experience 'a few days' is more than a little optimistic!

Sabena332

Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:40 am

However, in my experience 'a few days' is more than a little optimistic!

A few years ago I made good experience with DL, the magnetic stripe of my SkyMiles card didn't work anymore (the computer couldn't read my data, the check-in agent had to type it in manually), so I called DL's service hotline and explained them the situation, only one week later I got my new SkyMiles card, very quick considering they sent it from Atlanta/USA to my home address in Germany.

I guess some airlines are fast while some others need maybe weeks or even months.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

pilotpip

Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:48 am

I had not used my AA card in about two years so I took it out of my wallet. Last spring I was bumped while trying to Non-Rev and had to get home so I purchased a one-way with AA. I called and made the reservation as I took the train to the other terminal at DEN. They were booked on my number, and I had a new card in about two weeks. All of the airlines that I have used have a dedicated FF hotline. Give it a call and they'll send you a new card fast.
DMI

B747-437B

Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:56 am

I misplaced my KLM card on the outbound leg of a trip back in August. I called them the same day and my replacement card was waiting in my mailbox by the time I got back the following week.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

LFutia

Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:13 am

if you have NW, they will not mail out cards, you must go to the site and print one out.
Leo/ORD -- Groetjes uit de VS! -- Heeft u laatst nog met KLM gevlogen?

litz

Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:14 am

In general, as far as airlines go, it's not the card that's important, it's the frequent flyer *number* ... and as long as you know your name, address, and phone number, they can look the number up for you, should you not remember it.

And any airline worth its salt will send you a new card upon request, as it's in their best interest to encourage you to book travel on them, vs anybody else ...

So don't fret - all your miles didn't just evaporate - just give your airlines a call, tell 'em what happened, and they'll set you right.

- litz