ETStar
Topic Author

British Airways Website And Others

Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:52 am

I have to say that BA's website and its online booking system is the most un-user friendly of them all! If you are a US resident and select that upon getting to the site, you can only check fares between your country and wherever it is you want to go. Same goes for Canada and any other country you select. There are times where I want to check for fares from the UK to a third country, but if I select Canada as being my country of residence, I am faced with departure locations limited to those cities BA serves in Canada. So annoying!

standby87

RE: British Airways Website And Others

Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:18 am

Yeah, it's a pain isn't it?

Try this:
Clear your cookies.
Skip the front page by just pressing CONTINUE without giving your country of residence.

How is it for you?
Cheers

fbgdavidson

Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:28 am

Just change the country of residence. Then you can look up anything on the BA network. If you want to pay there aren't often any problems with payment using a 'foreign' card although you can always call BA if you have problems.

I find the BA booking engine for simple tasks, very good. Since I am flexible with dates it gives me a range of pricing options across a two week period. If booking award availability I have a month to view rather than on LH where I put my dates in to be told there is nothing in my class of service wanted and it downgrades it.

BA engine is fairly useless for booking anything other than a simple return or open jaw though.....
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

soups

Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:23 am

i tried AF www they want 570 euros for a one way or return to BHX, UK ermmm i dont think so
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

monkeyboi

Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:21 pm

BA's website is one of the best out there! Besides booking on-line you can choose your seat, check in on-line and even print your boarding card at home in most cases allowing you to go straight to the gate when you reach the airport!

Another big PLUS of BA's website is when you get to the final page of the booking process it tells you what type of meal you will be served on board (you never know whether you will get fed on short hops these days!) and tells you how much it would cost should you choose to up-grade.

geoffm

Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:26 pm

Not the best, but it does have its good points and its bad points - good being that they show you prices for dates around your chosen date, bad being you can't book open jaws or multi-segment trips.

Some of the logic used to navigate through the site is a bit dodgy too.

Geoff M.

richardw

Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:38 pm

I have tried the stop over function, sometimes it doesn't work because the fare rules are not loaded, even when they do stop at the stop over point, you then have to call a consolidator to book.
The simple multistop function is missing, even when the journey is very simple, eg LGW-MRS, MPL-LGW.
The BA website doesn't allow OLCI if the flight number is a codeshare.
The offer of an upgrade feature is great, especially if you want to treat yourself on the return part of your journey.
I have seen Club Europe upgrade fees as low as £1 for some off peak flights.
They should also have front page news headlines, if more people now about flight changes the better IMHO.
They are investing a lot in IT, to save costs and improve customer satisfaction, I think we will see more clever features on their website.