5T6
Topic Author

Check-In At LAX?

Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:22 pm

Hi All....Taking a biz trip (last minute) from ELP to LAX today on WN (my company's chioce, not mine).

Since I haven't flown to LAX in a LONG time, just wondering...on the return home Friday afternoon, what kind of lines can be expected for check in? Will one hour before departure be OK, or is it better to get to LAX earlier?

Thanks...and Merry Christmas!

Mike
I see my Cats as Companions. My Cats see Me as Furniture!

flyingnanook

RE: Check-In At LAX?

Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:51 pm

On a Friday afternoon, on WN, LAX check-in lines will most definately be long (at least an hour, in both the terminal and curbside checkin). If you don't have to check bags, do online check-in. On the plus side, the average wait for security is 10 minutes on Fridays at 4pm, with a max wait of 30 minutes. At least that's according to this site.
http://waittime.tsa.dhs.gov/index.html
Semper ubi sub ubi.

legendDC9

Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:47 am

LAX terminal 1 is so bad at times, NBC should have made its own seperate show. It has been known to have security lines of over 2 hours but that's mostly in the AM. Check in on-line if you can and pray you hit a low period when you get in.

andersjt

Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:01 am

Give yourself 2 hours. Terminal 1, the Southwest terminal is the worst at LAX, and this Friday should be no exception. Notably, a lot of people are off next week for the holidays and could be heading out this weekend. Bring patience.

You should have nice weather while you're here anyway.

Oh how I long for the day when the skies were truly Friendly!

PanAm747

Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:08 am

Weather - clear.

Los Angeles traffic on a Friday - even the Devil himself would say, "sorry, this is beyond anything I could do!!"  Acting devilish

Check-in and Security - hit or miss. If there are any delays around the country, it will create havoc. Stay tuned watching the Weather Channel, and check with WN's website or phone line to find out about your flight. It'd be a good idea to know where that particular flight is coming from.

Best of luck, and happy flying!!  Big thumbs up
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!