wilax

The Military Channel----No Civil Aviation?

Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:03 pm

Since we are losing "Discovery Wings" to the "Military Channel", what will happen to the civil aviation shows? No offense to our Military, but I am not a big fan of the black-and-white-old-war-stories-documentaries that are almost constant on DWNG. I wait with baited breath for the chance to flip on the satellite and catch one about the A380 or how ATC works. Will I be able to see another "Airport" marathon, or are those days gone forever???

rdu777

RE: The Military Channel----No Civil Aviation?

Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:07 am

Hopefully this'll cheer you up a little. Every weekday there will be a civil aviation period starting a 6p.m., now if that includes Airport we'll have to wait and find out. Also, once the change occurs I'd check for Airport on early Saturday mornings. Maybe they'll leave that time alone. If all else fails, you can always try the science channel, as they have aviation on sometimes.

burnsie28

Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:19 am

I think we should make our own production company and have Civil Aviation Channel!  Big thumbs up

aerlingus330

Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:11 am

hi, Im from the U.K, whats this all about it changing to the Military Channel. Its still Discovery Wings over here...

I wonder is it going to change in the next few weeks, i hope it dosent.

regards
aerlingus330
Aer Lingus Airbus A330-300

Tango-Bravo

Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:16 am

While passively watching several consecutive hours of "Airport" back-to-back-to-back-to... programs (same-old same-old reruns) while going about other household chores yeaterday, the imminent change of name from "Discovery Wings" to the "Military Channel" was advertised frequently. Seemed rather ironic in the midst of so many "Airport" reruns playing one after the other for several hours. Which indicates to me that either "Airport" is so popular -- or is greatly needed as filler -- that it will be continued even if it doesn't fit the strict definition of programming one might expect to see on the "Military Channel," which in turn causes me to hold out hope for the continuation of other airline/airliner/airport related programming.

rdu777

Mon Dec 20, 2004 11:53 am

Yes Discovery Wings hasn't changed yet, but will officially change January 10th. So watch it as much as you can now.

JayDavis

Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:53 am

I don't care a THING about the military and I hate that they are changing the name of it and more than likely, the format of the channel.

There goes one of my favorite channels on DirecTV.

Jay