galaxy5

Whats This Newer Is Better Stuff

Sat Mar 18, 2000 10:54 pm

All of you people out there that think just because an airplane is newer and looks better need to quit listening to the media. first of all alot of these over automated airplanes out there have never even had their computer systems tested to failure and god knows what will happen when they do. i trust a human in any situation over a computer. all that these new airplanes do is remove the human factor from the flight deck and put money into the CEO's pockets of the major airlines. i much prefer having a third person in the airplane cockpit to do all the work instead of the computers. also dont think that the manufacturers arent happy with your dupped attitude " newer is better so it must be safer" sells more airplanes.
"damn, I didnt know prince could Ball like that" - Charlie Murphy

NKP S2

RE: Whats This Newer Is Better Stuff

Sun Mar 19, 2000 2:51 am

As one who fixes 'em,I'll just say what's older isn't necessarily worse,and leave it at that.

Sun Mar 19, 2000 2:57 am

Have a look at airdesaster.com. The very most accidents are caused by `the human factor`. Air-travel is safer than it has ever been.

galaxy5

Sun Mar 19, 2000 3:13 am

yes its true that airline death rates have gone down but that has little to do with aircraft design and more to do with atc upgrades and proceedures. dont get me wrong i like some of the safety concepts like enhanced GPWS and TCAS 2 these are all good things but they should be in addition too safety and not taking the place of humans and just to reduce operating costs, oh and by the way operating cost for a 2 man vs a 3 man cockpit are not much different.
"damn, I didnt know prince could Ball like that" - Charlie Murphy