ANCFlyer
Topic Author

ANC-MSP-CID 5 May 05 Loads

Mon Dec 20, 2004 4:38 pm

Curiousity question for NW folk . . .

Attempted to book above itinerary on NW site last night. NW site now shows only NW846 ANC-MSP, and does not mention NW844 ANC-MSP.

I don't want to get on a plane at 0855 from ANC-MSP and waste a day on the plane.

I looked at Travelocity.com and there was NW844, plenty of availability. I booked on Travelocity, for a $5 fee of course.

Why are the flights available on Travelocity and not on NW web site? Is the flight already full and oversold and I just got shafted? I can't imagine that being the casethis far in advance, even from ANC.

FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

burnsie28

RE: ANC-MSP-CID 5 May 05 Loads

Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:52 am

For one, this flight that you booked may not happen as the Spring schedules are not yet set, they just finished setting the winter schedule not too long ago. So NW may know something that Travelocity does not yet know. Also, sometimes, the airline will book you much more effieciently with layovers then Travelocity. As the flight you booked may have gone against NW layover rules. As for the flight, there is only 6 people booked on it so far, however, right now, its seems a little odd that during that time of the year NW would only be running 2 daily flights. So I would likely expect the timetable to change.

ANCFlyer
Topic Author

RE: ANC-MSP-CID 5 May 05 Loads

Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:32 am

Good answer Burnsie28 . . . experience dictates that NW844 will fly, might not be the same flight number (although it has been for eons).

It's usually the daytime flight that changes and it's usually only the addition of another nonstop to MSP, a nonstop to DTW and a non-stop to SEA during the heavy summer tourist season. You can set your watch by that schedule change - as all carriers, UA, AA, NW, AS, DL, make it generally on the same day. 6 June thru 6 Sept, depending on when the Friday falls around that date. NW used to send a 757 in the winter months and switch to a DC-10 in the summer on all their MSP/DTW flights. I believe it's now going to be a 753 as it was last summer. Nice plane that DC-10  Smile

As an aside - NW was advertising the same flights as Travelocity until five days ago - and at the same cost. It was only the other night when I wanted to book NW844 that it did not appear on NW site but was still available on Travelocity.

Thanks! Guess we'll just wait and see won't we . . .
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos