BelugaBoy

Canadian Company: Big Plans In Brussels?

Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:33 pm

According to a Belgian newspapaer a Canadian company ( Canada World ? ) is planning to make Brussels it's European hub. It wants to start flying to major European cities from Brussels.
Which cities in Canada would get a direct link with Brussels is not very clear ( Toronto ? Montreal ? ) I think Sabena had a direct flight to Canada once.

Does somebodey in Canada have heared something about this ?

Seems avery strange thing to me !
Wouldn't it be much better ( read smarter ) to try and work together with SN Brussels Airlines to do the European flights ( or is this the plan anyway ? )

For the moment the only direct link Canada - Belgium is via charters operated by Air Transat

brightcedars

RE: Canadian Company: Big Plans In Brussels?

Wed Dec 22, 2004 6:34 pm

Sounds like one of those scams that were rumored and based on more or less sexy and accurate websites. I think any news coming from Canada regarding service to or from Brussels other than the current Air Transat seasonal charters or an unexpectable Air Canada service (there is no basis for anyone to believe this may happen or not; just naming it as the only other plausible although highly unlikely option) should be discarded at once.
I want the European Union flag on airliners.net!

quebecair727

RE: Canadian Company: Big Plans In Brussels?

Wed Dec 22, 2004 8:40 pm

Bonjour La Belgique,

Canada World or something similar is (was) a company runned by a guy named Steve Nasra. If you see this name in your report, stop dreaming about any Canadian company in BRU.

Indeed SN used to have fligths to YUL.

Joyeux Noël.