hardiwv

First GOL Flight To EZE Today!

Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:20 pm

Brazil's LCC GOL Linhas Aereas S.A., one of the world's most profitable airlines,
and the only LCC in LatAm, inaugurated its first international flight today arriving in EZE at 10 am.

GOL's first international flights are SSA-GRU-EZE and MAO-GRU-EZE, daily, with the 737NG.

In mid-2004 the airline ordered 43 737-800 passenger airplanes worth up to US $2.7 billion at list prices.

GOL was launched in January 2001 as the first low-fare airline in Brazil, and is the fastest growing airline in LatAm. GOL is also the largest operator of the Next Generation Boeing 737 in LatAm, with a fleet of 29 737NGs, serving 37 destinations.

http://www.voegol.com.br/

For corportate information:

http://www.mz-ir.com/gol/eng/

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Sam Chui
View Large View Medium

Photo © Sam Chui

Rgs,

EZEIZA

RE: First GOL Flight To EZE Today!

Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:09 pm

Check Gol's website for details. By the way, arrival is scheduled at 12.20 pm  Big grin just being picky! http://www.voegol.com.br/novosdestinos/buenosaires.asp

it's great to have another competitor and i hope to be flying them to GRU sometime soon since i have relatives living there!
Carp aunque ganes o pierdas ...

s.p.a.s.

Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:22 pm

Ezeiza,

Expect the first flight to be made with this particular airplane:

View Large View Medium

Photo © Marco Antonio Silva

Gran saludos

Renato
"ad astra per aspera"

hardiwv

Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:02 am

EZEIZA:

Tks for the precise details!

S.p.a.s,

Tks for the photo with the "tango" livery, celebrating the start of GOL's operations to EZE! Very nice, indeed!

Rgs,

RCS763AV

Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:13 am

Nice! We need some LCC competition on intra-latam flights. Fares are insane!

hardiwv

Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:28 am

During the inaugural flight to EZE, GOL's CEO Mr. Constantino stated that until the end of 2005 GOL will be flying to Paraguay (ASU), Uruguay (MVD), Chile (SCL) and and Bolivia (VVI).

Today GOL also launched a new domestic destination: AJU in NE Brazil, and on 15 Feb/05 another domestic destination will be added: JPA also in NE Brazil.

This month GOL also increased its daily flight CGH-SDU to 36 daily flights (72 daily return flights). [The air shuttle SDU-CGH is the most lucrative air market in Brazil. In total (adding TAM and RG flights), there is a flight CGH-SDU almost every minute.]

GOL operates 300 departures (takeoffs) every day.

Rgs,

RCS763AV

Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:55 am

72 return flights!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought BOG-MDE was crowded!!!!!!!

hardiwv

Thu Dec 23, 2004 5:22 pm

72 return flights

Sorry, I think I expressed myself wrongly. GOL has 36 daily flights CGH-SDU and 36 daily flights SDU-CGH = 72 flights in both directions.

If you combine GOL + TAM + RG, I think the air shuttle CGH-SDU has an average of 190 flights (one way) per day. It's a lot of flights! It's also the business air market in Brazil.

Rgs,
Hardi

PPVRA

Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:51 am

These are todays flights out of SDU:

http://www.infraero.gov.br/pls/sivnet/voo_top3v.ini?p_cd_aeroporto_ini=SBRJ&p_cd_opcao=chegadas

Note: SDU flight operations are restricted to light to/from CGH and a few regional flights only.

And these are GRU's:

http://www.infraero.gov.br/pls/sivnet/voo_top3v.ini?p_cd_aeroporto_ini=SBGR&p_cd_opcao=chegadas

Note: I counted once roughly 30 flights per day to/from GIG out of GRU (wide and narrow bodies! ) , don't remember the exact number, sorry.

PPVRA
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat

Marambio

Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:55 am

It's great to have a new airline at EZE, especially an LCC which is said to be very good, but...

Brazil's LCC GOL Linhas Aereas S.A., one of the world's most profitable airlines, and the only LCC in LatAm

About the profitability I don't know, but GOL isn't the only LCC in Latin America - let's not forget Uruguay's U-Air!  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Saludos,
Marambio
Aerolíneas Argentinas - La Argentina que levanta vuelo

Yu138086

Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:45 am

Just in time for Carnival 2005!!

PPVRA

Fri Dec 24, 2004 3:58 am

Just in time for Carnival 2005!!

Good thinking.

Hermanos, is EZE expensive during carnival?

Just kidding, but it does get annoying sometimes...

...Carnival commercials on TV, looooong traffic to the beach... the only way is to stay in SP. Half the city is gone to the beach anyways, probably the lowest level of traffic in SP all year (except near the heavy carnival areas).

PPVRA

JJMNGR

Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:50 am

Just a curiosity: A friend of mine that works for GOL told me that they had to ferry a B737 to GRU in order to prepare the aircraft to operate this first flight and this B737 had a fire in one of the engines and landed in GRU in emergency. Just a 10 minutes flight between CGH and GRU.

hardiwv

Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:18 pm

So, how is GOL doing in Argentina? Are loads good? Recent reports show an average load factor for both daily flight about 85%, which is quite impressive.

Just a 10 minutes flight between CGH and GRU.

Indeed, and in fact RG operates a daily flight GRU-CGH (10 minuyes only!)! Anyone knows whether this flight is just to relocate a/c to CGH/GRU or what's the reason for it?

Rgs,

rojo

Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:57 am

My brother flew GRU-EZE on Thursday December 23. It was flight G38102 delayed for three hours with a load factor of around 40%. At the same time, some of my friends flew EZE-GRU on Thursday December 23. It was flight G38103 with a load factor of around 30%. My brother is scheduled to fly on Tuesday EZE-GRU. I will ask him on Wednesday how the loads were...

Hope Gol improves its load factors in the next days, low fares on the route are well needed!!

Derico

Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:19 am

GRU is not a tourist city, and even less so in Argentina. And this time of year when Argentines are thinking about summer vacations, I don't think a lot of people on the EZE-GRU route are interested in Sao Paulo. There's really nothing to do or see there and it's hot. In fact, I bet many people on those flights were simply connecting to other points in Brazil at GRU. Maybe that is why, at the moment, capacity is low on the stretch. Perhaps in a couple of months loads will increase a lot more.

They maybe higher on GRU-EZE now if paulistas are comming down to Buenos Aires, which has a much wider variety of activities.
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

PPVRA

Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:05 am

There's really nothing to do or see there and it's hot.

Agree that GRU is not much of a tourist city, but it's not that bad. The problem is to find your way around, you have to know someone to take you around... otherwise you'll be completly lost. There is just about any kind of restaurant and entertainment you could want. Not to mention great towns and beaches less than 3 hours drive away. With all it's problems... I don't think I would live anywhere else.

Just a 10 minutes flight between CGH and GRU.

Indeed, and in fact RG operates a daily flight GRU-CGH (10 minuyes only!)! Anyone knows whether this flight is just to relocate a/c to CGH/GRU or what's the reason for it?

OceanAir offered this flight also and for about the same as a Taxi (R$50 or so). The problem is that RG/JJ offer free bus transportation between CGH and GRU... about as much of a hassle if you take into account baggage and security versus 1.5 hour traffic.

PPVRA

EZEIZA

Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:15 am

"Agree that GRU is not much of a tourist city, but it's not that bad. The problem is to find your way around, you have to know someone to take you around... otherwise you'll be completly lost. There is just about any kind of restaurant and entertainment you could want. Not to mention great towns and beaches less than 3 hours drive away. With all it's problems... I don't think I would live anywhere else."

Agreed, but in Argentina, and probably everywhere in the world, if you think about Brazil as a tourist destination, you think of Bahia, Porto Seguro, Rio, Florianopolis, etc, not SP. I've been to SP hundreds of times, and also went to the beaches (Guaruja, Santos, etc) and I loved it, but its not a destination that is promoted here. So I have to agree with Derico regarding the load factors. Wait until the summer season is over and I'm sure they will increase towards GRU. In any case, as I already mentioned, it's great to have another option to fly to Brazil. I hope to see prices go down on Aerolineas and Varig!

Rafabozzolla

Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:24 am

I know and LOVE Buenos Aires, but are you serious when you say there is a lot more variety of activities there? Let's see...

Largest art museum in South America: Masp in SP
Biggest entertainment complex in SA: Memorial da America Latina, again SP
World's 3rd largest Art Show: Bienal de Sao Paulo
True original oriental quarter (not some tourist made thing): Liberdade, SP
Most important fashion show in the Southern Hemisphere: SP Fashion Week

And the list goes on...

EZEIZA

Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:32 am

Is SP vs BA war starting  Big grin

No ofense, but SP is just too chaotic! too much traffic, very dangerous, extremely polluted .... not too appealing for tourism!

PDPsol

Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:44 pm

Rafabozzolla,

Sorry, but I have to whole-heartedly agree with EZEIZA here...

Buenos Aires is MUCH more interesting as a TOURIST destination than Sao Paolo is... I am sure Sao Paolo offers greater variety in its gastronomic, fashion and artistic scenes relative to Buenos Aires, but is, well, much too chaotic when compared to the Argentine capital.

Now, as a BUSINESS destination, of course, the story is rather different...

Gimme five days of free vacation time, and I am sure to spend them in Buenos Aires, not Sao Paolo.

Of course, for business meetings, the answer is obvious; one could 'kill several birds with one stone' in Sao Paolo and walk away with quite a bit of commerce!!

Lan_Fanatic

Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:08 pm

SP vs. BA war...

hahaha, I love this topics

well, if it is for business, SP
if it is for entertainment, BA

and if its for an overall aspect, Santiago  Laugh out loud

PPVRA

Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:20 pm

No ofense, but SP is just too chaotic! too much traffic, very dangerous, extremely polluted .... not too appealing for tourism!

Agree, and that's the three main problems with SP. But let's review the statement made my Derico I do not agree with:

There's really nothing to do or see there and it's hot.

As pointed out by Rafa (just a few), there is lots to do in SP. Including for tourists. However, those not so pleasant conditions unfortunatly exist which hurts our reputation significantly. These conditions have been improving, slowly... but they have.

BTW, temperature here is an average 28 C annualy. It rarely reaches 34C, or over that... so it's not that hot either.

Some links:

http://www.saopaulo.sp.gov.br/ingles/saopaulo/index.htm

http://www.embratur.gov.br/en/galeria-imagem/resultadoBusca.asp?id=391&cidades=63

PPVRA

[Edited 2004-12-27 07:32:32]

ArgInMIA

Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:24 pm

Lan_Fanatic ! long time no see you !!.. donde estabas? anyways.. is the distance between CGH and GRU similar to the ones between EZE-AEP? nobady ever flew EZE-AEP commercially.. hehe.. here.. i found a niche..
Alto.. Mucho mas alto.. hasta la cumbre

hardiwv

Mon Dec 27, 2004 10:28 pm

PPVRA:

Tks for the informaton on flights CGH-GRU, which are just 10 minutes! Probably the same distance between EZE and AEP!

It was great to read your information about Sao Paulo, which is my favourite city in LatAm...of course, AFTER RIO DE JANEIRO!  Smile

I had to go to Sao Paulo on business in June this year and decided to spend one week holidays there. It really got surprised. I had a complete programme ranging from Gastronomy to Cultural events and music shows, as Rafabozzolla stated. About the traffic, I also got surprise with the efficient, clean and quick metro/subway, but I think they should extend it. However, Sao Paulo is per se a business destination, and not a very touristic place.

Going back to the topic, we have to remember that GOL is a business-oriented airline. 80% of its seats are filled with business/corporate pax. I am sure its load factor will do better after the holiday season. It's also good to see more competition in the market between GRU and EZE, which will certainly lead to better service and price!

Any photos of GOL in EZE?

Regards,
Hardi

PPVRA

Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:02 am

I had to go to Sao Paulo on business in June this year and decided to spend one week holidays there. It really got surprised. I had a complete programme ranging from Gastronomy to Cultural events and music shows, as Rafabozzolla stated. About the traffic, I also got surprise with the efficient, clean and quick metro/subway, but I think they should extend it. However, Sao Paulo is per se a business destination, and not a very touristic place.

That's what I'm talking about. It's not Disney World, but there is plenty to do and see. If you want a more tourist taste of Sao Paulo you have to visit the surrounding areas, from anything ranging from beaches to mountain towns.

http://www.camposdojordao.com.br/

http://www.litoralnorte.com.br/

It was great to read your information about Sao Paulo, which is my favourite city in LatAm...of course, AFTER RIO DE JANEIRO!

It's not the town itself that we have a problem with over here  Wink/being sarcastic

I'm just kidding, the people tend to be very nice too. Unfortunately there is always a few with an attitude that stain their reputation...

Cheers,

PPVRA

Marambio

Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:16 am

nobady ever flew EZE-AEP commercially.. hehe.. here.. i found a niche..

I'm sorry to tell you the Air Force completely prohibited flights between all Buenos Aires airports. That means nobody can commercially fly EZE-AEP or EPA-EZE, etc. etc.

Anyway, distance between AEP and EZE is 31km. If you flew it at 500 kmph, flight time would be exactly 4 minutes.  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Saludos,
Marambio
Aerolíneas Argentinas - La Argentina que levanta vuelo

PPVRA

Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:57 am

Anyway, distance between AEP and EZE is 31km. If you flew it at 500 kmph, flight time would be exactly 4 minutes.

CGH-GRU is 29km, basicaly the same. But if you take into account air traffic and all that comes with it... it will definatly take more than 4 minutes, in either airport/country.

Cheers,

PPVRA

EZEIZA

Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:46 am

"That's what I'm talking about. It's not Disney World, but there is plenty to do and see. If you want a more tourist taste of Sao Paulo you have to visit the surrounding areas, from anything ranging from beaches to mountain towns."

Agree completely. The city is not touristic (as everyone has agreedm its #1 for business) but the state is great, yet it's not known outside brazil. No one here advertises a week in Guaruja (sorry if my spelling is wrong!), and it's a nice place. The thing is that its a pain to have to fly to GRU and then drive to the coast where if there is traffic can take you a few hours.

TBCITDG

Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:05 pm

Love the drive from the airport to Guaruja (I too apologies for the spelling). Even though it gets a little hair raising at times, the view is spectacular. Forget the city and visit the coast!!

UairFokker

Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:58 pm

Well, I am glad and surprised GOL is now international! I cant wait for them to start flights to Montevideo. Marambio is right, don't forget Uair! (look at my username), although I think they are doing really bad, they are still still a low cost airline with international service inside Lat Am. Buenos Aires and Sao Paulo are both beautiful cities I enjoy to visit, but my home city, Punta del Este (the MERCOSURs capital of tourism) beats them both in summer!

Rafabozzolla

Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:41 pm

PPVRA just got what I meant. I refuted only the statement that there as nothing to do in Sao Paulo.

And, for you guys who might be interested, Sao Paulo is also the venue of one of ther world's lagest Gay Pride parades in June. Over a million took part in 2004  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

luisde8cd

Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:02 pm

There have been some rumors here in A.net that a new brazilian carrier is interested in starting GRU-CCS-GRU and that could be one of the reasons that RG upgraded the CCS route from a M11 to a 772. Could GOL be the one interested in coming up here to CCS or is it TAM?

PPVRA

Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:57 pm

Love the drive from the airport to Guaruja (I too apologies for the spelling). Even though it gets a little hair raising at times, the view is spectacular. Forget the city and visit the coast!!

Couldn't agree more!

There have been some rumors here in A.net that a new brazilian carrier is interested in starting GRU-CCS-GRU and that could be one of the reasons that RG upgraded the CCS route from a M11 to a 772.

Indeed, rumors said that JJ wants to start service to CCS but I haven't heard much about it for a while...

Happy New Year!

PPVRA

PPVRA

Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:12 am

BTW, you guys got the speling almost right, it's GUARUJÁ.

But close enough  Smile

PPVRA

hardiwv

Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:16 am

And, for you guys who might be interested, Sao Paulo is also the venue of one of ther world's lagest Gay Pride parades in June. Over a million took part in 2004

Rafabozzolla, you're right. Sao Paulo now has the biggest gay pride parade in the world, much better and bigger than Amsterdam and San Francico. I happened to be in Sao Paulo last June.

There have been some rumors here in A.net that a new brazilian carrier is interested in starting GRU-CCS-GRU

I think TAM would be a possible airline to fly GRU-CCS. However, there is nothing concrete. Is there any possibility for Aeropostal to fly CCS-GRU? They served MAO before.

Rgs,

PDPsol

Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:58 am

And, for you guys who might be interested, Sao Paulo is also the venue of one of ther world's lagest Gay Pride parades in June. Over a million took part in 2004

Rafabozzolla, you're right. Sao Paulo now has the biggest gay pride parade in the world, much better and bigger than Amsterdam and San Francico. I happened to be in Sao Paulo last June.

Well, THIS is reason enough to visit Sao Paulo in June! While I know Bs.As. has been developing its reputation as THE 'gay city' to visit in Latin America, I am sure many gay men and women would love to spend time in Sao Paulo and enjoy its great Gay Pride celebration!

hardiwv

Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:34 am

Well, THIS is reason enough to visit Sao Paulo in June!

Completely agree!

This month GOL also increased its daily flight CGH-SDU to 36 daily
flights (72 daily return flights).

this is posted from an e-mail sent to my mailbox:

Hardi:
Sabre only shows 18 departures from each airport for mid-march mid-week
dates. I think then it's 18 daily flights. It also shows 2 GRU-GIG and
6 CGH-GIG departures on G3. Travelocity will likely show the same
quantities.
Tassio

Argentina

Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:47 am

I agree with Tassio on CGH-GIG flights, and with you on the rest Hardi!

Regards

PPVRA

Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:06 am

Some news regarding G3:

Beggining January 3rd G3 will increase it's service to MGF to 2X daily.

Timetable:

Depart CGH at 19:10 arrive at MGF at 20:00
Depart MGF at 20:20 arrive at CGH at 21:10

The current flight times are:

Depart CGH at 13:17 arrive at MGF at 15:05 (stop over in CWB)
Depart MGF at 15:30 arrive at CGH at 18:45 (stop over in CWB)

Tarcísio Gargioni, GOL's VP for Marketing & Services stated that demand for MGF has increased due to the fast development of that region (west Parana state).

Portuguese only (not a direct link):

http://www.panrotas.com.br/

What can I say, great news for GOL!!!

PPVRA

Derico

Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:52 am

Hmmm..... I was commenting about Sao Paulo in January/February as an explanation for current EZE-GRU loads on GOL, not the rest of the year! Buenos Aires is also dead this time of year. No reason to take it personal guys.

Besides everyone knows Mendoza has Buenos Aires beat anyday...  Wink/being sarcastic
My internet was not shut down, the internet has shut me down

PU803

Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:02 am

Hi UairFokker !

Nice to meet someone from Punta Del Este(uno de los lugares mas lindos del mundo)

What about Uair flights betwen MVD and BUE (EZE or AEP)?

Feliz Anio !!

Iddo

hardiwv

Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:24 am

Besides everyone knows Mendoza has Buenos Aires beat anyday

This will cause some disagreement here! BTW, which route has the biggest domestic traffic in Argentina? Is it AEP-COR?

Rgs,

Argentina

Sat Jan 01, 2005 5:08 am

Yes, Hardi, it is AEP-COR-AEP, and nowadays, even if we would say AEP-MDZ-AEP could be the second, I have a doubt: BRC, IGR and USH are getting so many tourists these days, that in peak season, probably theyget more passengers, especially foreigners. I will try to find it out.

Regards

hardiwv

Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:02 am

Happy New Year for you all!

Yes, Hardi, it is AEP-COR-AEP, and nowadays, even if we would say AEP-MDZ-AEP could be the second, I have a doubt: BRC, IGR and USH are getting so many tourists these days

Argentina: Thanks for the information, confirming that AEP-COR is the busiest domestic air route in Argentina. If MDZ is not the second air route in Argentina, most certainly it is the second most profitable route. Just out of curiosity, what is the busiest domestic air route out of EZE? Or are domestic flights predominantly concentrated on AEP only?

I assume GRU is the busiest international air route out of Argentina, correct? I'm sure EZE is the busiest international air route out of Brazil, since there are about 150 EZE-GRU flights per week. Anyone has a more precise figure? I would even go far enough and state that EZE-GRU is the busiest air route in LatAm, and maybe one of the busiest international routes. Any reaction?

Rgs,
Hardi

Argentina

Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:52 am

Hi Hardi, Happy New Year!

Profitablity is higher in other routes. MDZ is perhaps one of them, I can try to find it out later.

EZE domestic regular flights are only EZE-FTE-USH and EZE-COR-MDZ. The rest of the domestic flights out of EZE are seasonal, juts like B747 and A340 flights to BRC and IGR.

EZE-GRU is busy, but I guess EZE-SCL is also very busy. Dont have the figures but think you are right on this topic.

Regards

luisde8cd

Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:09 am

Is there any possibility for Aeropostal to fly CCS-GRU? They served MAO before.

No  Sad. They dont have the aircraft needed to fly so far south and even if they had the a/c needed, they can't because Aserca holds the rights to fly to Brazil and Argentina. Aserca cant fly to GRU or EZE either because they only have DC9-30s.

EZEIZA

Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:44 am

There was another thread some time ago that was about busiest routes and I think that the busiest was EZE-SCL, although I'm not 100% sure. In any case I'm both SCL and GRU are the top Intl' destinations.

feliz año!

Arcano

Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:24 am

Hi Ezeza

SCL-EZE has up to 20 flights, but consider also that many of them are flown in widebodies (daily 777, 767s, 340s, etc)...

Does GOL have already a date for SCL? Uair will start this Jan 15th

Regards )( Arcano

PS: I also vote for Buenos Aires!
in order: 721,146,732,763,722,343,733,320,772,319,752,321,88,83,744,332,100,738, 333, 318, 77W, 78, 773, 380, 73G, 788, 789, 346

PPVRA

Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:12 am

Arcano,

No dates yet for SCL as G3 is still analyzing the market. They are also planning on MVD, VVI and ASU.

Cheers,

PPVRA

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos