Food
Leg room
Value
On time performance
Thanks,
Iain

The Best Service... Cathay Pacific

Sun Mar 19, 2000 7:12 pm

As a drequent flyer, I would have to say that CATHAY PACIFIC provides the most fantastic service, food, leg room, value and on-time performance. I have tried Singapore Airlines, British Airways, Qantas, Virgin, Malaysia Airlines and Japan Airlines and the overall ratings for the BEST AWARD goes to:

CATHAY PACIFIC - THE HEART OF ASIA. There service philosophy "Service Straight from the Heart" is so true. The airline has always got me to my meetings on time, and refreshed after ultra long-haul flights.

Well Done Cathay Pacific and look forward to travelling with you soon. It's new First Class sleeper seats add the privacy and comfort rival any flying beds I have tried (this includes SQ's, BA, QF and more recent the Swissair new first class). The CX first class truely provides the comfort and privacy throughout the journey along with very friendly cabin crew who are willing to go out of their way to ensure the customers recieve the ultimate in service delivery.

RE: The Best Service......

Sun Mar 19, 2000 7:13 pm

Perhaps a little predictable but...

General Service; SQ, EK
Food: SQ, QF
Leg room: EK
Value: EK
On-time performance: BA
hCheers!

thai747

Sun Mar 19, 2000 8:19 pm

General Service : TG , SQ , CX
Food : TG , LH , MH
Legroom : LH
Value : 8G ( Angel Airlines ) , CX and Air Do
On time performance : LH

Axe

Sun Mar 19, 2000 9:07 pm

Hi Iain!

The best service I've had so far is on EVA airways on their 747 and MD11 Evergreen Deluxe class.
Seats are 24 inches wide and the pitch is 38 inches!
Business class it is!
Inflight service was very good, on time performance too.
Since they started in 1991, they have a very young and well maintained fleet of 5 B747-400, 10 747-400 combis, 3 MD11, 3 B767-300 and two 767-200's.
You'll have to pay about $100 extra per sector, but it is worth it.
We went to New Zealand in 1998, and were pretty fit after a 35 hour flight trip.
The only thing against them is that if you have to change aircraft in Taipei, you'll have to wait pretty long, because their schedule doesn't really fit together yet.

grtz, Axe.

teahan

Sun Mar 19, 2000 11:19 pm

Swissair went downhill   

Best Cathay Pacific & Lauda Air

Jeremiah Teahan
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

Matt D

Mon Mar 20, 2000 3:49 am

Continental on all counts.

VirginA340

Mon Mar 20, 2000 6:57 am

Virgin Atlantic, Continental and United all the way.
"FUIMUS"

Lauda 777

Mon Mar 20, 2000 7:48 am

Of those I have flown is Lauda and BA the best!
Joystick for flightsim. Yokes for real planes.

sammyk

Mon Mar 20, 2000 9:37 am

I vote for Continental too, I've seen them in their bad times, and their good, and they have come a long way, and haven't stopped moving ahead. Slowly becoming a world class airline!

Sammy

Air Taiwan

Categories

Mon Mar 20, 2000 10:53 am

Airlines I have tried in Economy Class:
Ansett, Air New Zealand, United, Singapore Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, EVA Air, China Airlines, Qantas, Cathay Pacific, Thai Airways, Dragonair.

Best In-Flight Entertainment: Singapore Airlines -- they've got the most channels on their PTVs!
Best Food: EVA Air and Singapore Airlines
Best Seat: Malaysia Airlines and Cathay Pacific on their B777s
Biggest Legroom: Ansett Australia -- a full 38 inches on their old 747-300s
Best Amenities onboard: Air New Zealand
Best Cabin Crew Service: Cathay Pacific -- even on widebodies!
Best on time performance: I've had delays on every airline mentioned above
Best Toilet: Ansett and Air New Zealand -- always very clean and tidy
Best Cabin Crew Uniform: Thai Airways, Air New Zealand, Singapore Airlines, China Airlines --those who pt fashion with their traditional costume
Best Paint Scheme: China Airlines, Cathat Pacific
Best Magazine: Ansett -- see for yourself!! Excellent!
Best Seat cover design: EVA Air, Thai Airways -- very beautiful, not like others which are unimaginative (CX, SQ etc)
Best pen: Singapore Airlines -- very easy to right with and looks great
Best letter set: Singapore Airlines -- they always give you the whole set, and according to the class, the design is different!
Best Post Cards: Singapore Airlines -- the legendary Singapore Girl design is classic!
Best Ear phones: All of the above except Ansett -- it hurts when you put it on.
Best Carpet: Air New Zealand -- very classy with the navy blue with small light blue dots on it.
Best Service on Wide Bodies: Cathay Pacific on their 777s
Best service on Narrow Bodies: Malaysia airlines (737-400)

Kangar

RE: Categories

Tue Mar 21, 2000 12:46 am

I know it's a little off topic, but have any of you been on the A340's CX leases from Air China? Apparently, they've been bundled into service without a retrofit, and they have drawn a lot of unfavourable attention from customers, givent that they're paying the same price for an inferior product....
Back on the topic, I would have to say that, generally, MAS, and SQ, and Emirates were the best airlines I have flown on, CX also deserves a mention....

thai747

Kangar

Tue Mar 21, 2000 8:31 pm

Yeah... I have flown CX's A340s leased from Air China
pretty disappointed about the plane and the entertainment ( BKK - HKG ) but the service is still okay..

Routes CX uses A340 on ( as stated by their A340 entertainment guide for mainscreen found in the seat pocket on my flight )

Istanbul
Dubai
Bahrain
Taipei
Fukuoka
Surabaya
Denpasar
Bangkok
Penang
Kuala Lampur
Manila

na

Tue Mar 21, 2000 11:48 pm

From airlines I´ve flown I would vote:
Singapore Airlines as No.1 on long haul flights
Silk Air on short haul (extremely friendly and even better looking stewardesses than on SIA!)
Inside Europe I can give Crossair very good notes, even if I don´t like their noisy planes.

An this: The readers of Germanys "Manager Magazin" just voted Cathay Pacific No.1 for long distance, Lauda Air for shorter flights. Runners up for long distance include SIA and QF.