Checo77
Topic Author

Happy Holidays And New Year To All A.neters!

Fri Dec 24, 2004 12:59 pm

Happy Holidays and New Year 2005 to everybody in the a.net community. Thanks to the great crew who make the site possible and of course, to every a.neters around for loving civil aviation.
I hope that the new year 2005 will bring great avation news, new services, more airlines and of course, more a.neters and topics to talk about.
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Regards,
Adam
PS: Sorry for every non-catholic, non- christian a.neter who does not celebrate Christmas. Big thumbs up
Czech Boeing lover living in Lima

ramerinianair

RE: Happy Holidays And New Year To All A.neters!

Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:13 pm

Thanks Adam!!!!
Merry Christmas to you too and to everybody else . . . I couldn't of said it better my-self Adam.
Steve
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

HAWK21M

Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:34 pm

Thanks.Well said.
Wish all that would like to be wished a Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year.
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

planemannyc

Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:58 pm

Season's Greetings!!

For those of us who don't celebrate Christmas, Hannukah or Kwanza, we just spend the extra days off on a-net  Smile

Happy Holidays,

Wasim / Planemannyc

ZKSUJ

Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:55 pm

Yes, to every one, have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

777ER
Crew

Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:04 pm

Merry Christmas, happy new year

Regards
Head Forum Moderator
moderators@airliners.net

Runway25

Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:22 pm

"Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year" to everyone.

Also "Happy Holidays" and best wishes to all forum members who don't celebrate this time of the year.

May 2005 be a great year for all of us, for aviation & a peaceful one for the world in general.

BOEING787

Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:08 pm

Thank and wish the same and a very prosperous 2005 to you all!!!!

SQno1

Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:51 pm

Am I the only a.netter that has his/her birthday on Xmas day. I will be 17 tomorrow.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

SQno1

soaringadi

Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:00 pm

Merry Cristmas and a very Happy New year to all a.netters.

And may 2005 also be an awesome year for the aviation industry. I hope many people will start flying again.

l / out..

Smile
If it ain't Boeing, I'm not going !

DTManiac

Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:51 pm

Hello A.netters,

at this point I would like to thank every enthusiast for sharing his or her passion for aviation with me. It was certainly an interesting year for the industry. Let's see some examples of what we had in our forums:

We could see the first pictures of the A380, the prospective biggest passenger aircraft ever. Everyone can make up his own mind now if it is simply butt ugly or the new "Queen of the skies". No matter how you decide it is mile stone for aviation.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © French Frogs AirSlides

On the other hand we had the 7E7 program becoming more and more detailed offering us an exciting view of a next generation aircraft.

We had grim discussions to what extent Airbus or Boeing enjoy getting subsidies or not. Many of us often worked themselves up about this topic and it mostly ended in an A vs B war. There are some names which immediately come to my mind when reading these posts. Greetings to ConcordeBoy and Solnabo by the way (shouldn't be an offense  Smile ).

However, there were many funny threads also. One can mention the neverending "When will NW retire its DC-9" threads. And now it seems like we can see the end of at least NW's DC-9-10 series which will be phased out next year.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Gary Chambers

Very sad as this cannot be discussed anymore.

Another recent development is that some members seem to have opened the official "Peter Max" fanclub.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Nathan Zalcman

Now the whole community always knows where Peter Max is at the moment or where it is going to fly next.

Furthermore we read about people calling their girlfriend during the flight claiming that there are terrorists on board. What was thought as a joke lead to a forced landing of the airplane. Ryanair leaves its customers in Paris for four whole days due to fog, NW's A319 land on airfields where they shouldn't do. One could certainly enumerate countless other anecdotes and feel free to do so.

What can we expect from next year? Well, no one can know for sure, but we will see the rollout of the A380. The question whether this beast will take off from the ground will be answered. Will the struggling american carriers drown in their debts or will they survive? What aircraft will SIA buy? A350 or 7E7? I guess we'll see early enough.

At the end I want to thank you for answering many questions I had and helping me very much in this way.

Have a "Merry Christmas" and of course a "Happy New Year".

Regards

Frederik

Gig 'em Aggies!!!

codeshare

Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:37 pm

Lots of presents & gifts for Xmas and A New Year full of everything that flies  Big thumbs up

How much A is there is Airliners Net ? 0 or nothing ?

NIKV69

Fri Dec 24, 2004 10:50 pm

I would like to wish all here on anet a Merry Christmas. Including Matt(Cancidas) and Mario(Mirrodie).

Have a safe and joyus Holiday season!
 Big thumbs up
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!