stlgph

AA & PHL If US Airways Collapses?

Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:50 am

With furloughed TWA employees & pilots still hoping for a callback, and excess of a good 25 or so planes sitting in the desert kept in flyable condition, anyone think it is possible that AA would potentially sweep into PHL, if US Airways was to liquidate, and set up strong focus operations getting a jump on PHL to the Florida market?

if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

ssides

RE: AA & PHL If US Airways Collapses?

Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:57 am

With relatively large operations at JFK and BOS, I doubt AA would jump to PHL, especially with WN competition there. If USAirways goes under, I really don't see anyone opening a new big bank of flights at PHL.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

PHLBOS

Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:57 am

They could add some flights, but with a sizable focus city at JFK; I don't see AA making PHL a hub or focus city any more than CO (due to PHL's close proximity to its EWR hub).
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

UALFAson

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:07 am

As I hypothesized months ago in another forum, should US disappear, I think PHL will turn into a bloodbath that will eventually end with everybody picking up some of the slack. WN and probably FL will benefit the most.

The bigger question is what will become of US' international routes? Will other carriers continue to serve those cities from PHL or transfer the European destinations to their respective hubs? My guess is the latter.

But more so than AA, I think NW is the wild card here. They of the non-hub focus city repute (IND, MKE).
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

stlgph

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:09 am

Yes, but with 8 million people and no other metro area airport for PHL, someone is bound to jump on the routes to Florida. Could also be a good opportunity for ATA....

ATWZW170

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:11 am

I think however we have to look at AA at both BOS and JFK. They are not serving the east coast market...and FL does not count.  Smile JFK has a lot of FL and Caribbean service..but they don't have a HUGE east coast operation. Sure they fly Eagle to some cities out of JFK and BOS but there is always room for adding flights in a market that will support the yields. PHL might not be a bad idea. PHL alone has a large number of O/D passengers. I wouldn't be surprised if they did add some flights to a few cities. PHL-MCI, upgraded PHL-STL, PHL-LGA, PHL-PBI,PHL-FLL, PHL-MCO, PHL-TPA, PHL-JAX, PHL-PNS...all markets that AA could expand into. PHL-BOS is another good market. Sure there are other airlines serving those markets now but you are going to get that everywhere.
Success is getting what you want...happiness is liking what you get

aa777jr

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:12 am

AA could use PHL as a domestic focus city. I would hope that they use JFK on more international routes. PHL will prolly be overun with LCC if US goes under. Just my two cents.
A liberal is a man who is right most of the time, but he's right too soon.

stlgph

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:14 am

Wouldnt that leave just Southwest doing the PHL-LAX market? Seems like someone would want to hop on the markets to SFO, SEA, SAN, etc. Don't think the parked M80's could make it that far though. ;p

junior1970

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:14 am

Wouldn't PHL be a good place for NW to start a new hub ?
I don't think they are very strong in the eastcoast. They are more focused on the midwest (DTW, MSP).

aa777jr

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:22 am

Junior1970,

a more realistic filler at PHL would definitely be NW over AA. good point!!!  Smile

AA777jr
A liberal is a man who is right most of the time, but he's right too soon.

PHLBOS

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:22 am

PHL-BOS is another good market. Sure there are other airlines serving those markets now but you are going to get that everywhere.

At present, AA already serves the PHL-BOS market through its Eagle division. US and FL are the only other carriers in this market; however, both of them offer mainline service (US A319/320/733/734/757 & FL 717). Whether AA will either upgrade its Eagle service to mainline or just add more Eagle flights or a combination of both remains to be seen. If the BWI-BOS services (presently served by FL and AAEagle) are an indicator of things to come w/the PHL-BOS market; don't expect AA to go mainline on this route anytime soon.

Edited to add:

Wouldnt that leave just Southwest doing the PHL-LAX market?

Stlgph,

No, UA still serves the PHL-LAX market with 3 flights/day.

[Edited 2004-12-28 22:24:53]
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

STT757

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:27 am

Given the absolute headache that B6 has been giving both AA and DL at JFK causing both of them to totaly drop their ambitious Domestic growth strategies from JFK (based on large RJ growth), why on earth would they want to set up a large operation to compete with WN who is the largest and most succesful LCC of them all.

The first thing that is going to happen at PHL is WN is going to grow alot, making PHL it's largest or second largest station. WN will grab about 15 or more gates and boost it's flying up to BWI and PHX levels.

Next someone like Airtran most likely will jump in and take over Domestic, Canadian and Carribean flying WN will not touch such as..

YUL, YYZ, Atlanta, Boston, Bermuda, Cancun, San Juan, Dominican Republic etc..

NWA might be interested in operating some International flights from PHL, and DL may be interested in moving some of their International flying away from JFK to PHL where there's much less competition.

Everything though is speculation except for WN, they are going to grow PHL one way or another to make it one of it's top two stations.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

ATWZW170

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:27 am

I'm looking in the computer for Jan 18, 2005...all PHL-BOS service is connecting through RDU. Are you sure Eagle is in that route?

ACAfan

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:28 am

Much to the pleasure of ERJ170, if (when?) US Airways collapses, AA will grow it's east coast hub at RDU. Terminal C is already exclusively (?) controlled by AA, which has the space to grow. If CLT collapses as a hub, AA at RDU will flourish. We will have RDU and CLT trade places. RDU will become what CLT is now. CLT will become what RDU is now.

Long live US Airways!!!
Freddie Laker ... May be at peace with his maker ... But he is a persona non grata ... with IATA

ATWZW170

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:30 am

Term C is no longer under the control of AA...they gave that up..now the airport runs the terminal. UA operates out of C..and I'm pretty sure UA is trying to get one more gate for their operation.

PHLBOS

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:33 am

Are you sure Eagle is in that route?

All of AA's PHL-RDU routes are Eagle flights. Note: that the flight numbers are 4000 to 4999 are Eagle flights. 5000 and higher are AAConnection flights.

ATWZW170

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:36 am

I know the PHL-RDU flights are Eagle, but you said that PHL-BOS were Eagle flights...I see no PHL-BOS flights nonstop, they all go to RDU for conx.

flyibaby

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:39 am

ACAfan,
Here is the problem with that strategy. The airport is in the middle of the Term C expansion project. I believe AA to be at max use of their gates due to the Eagle consumption into RDU. Obviously this is perfect timing for AA to make a move, but unfortunately the real estate isn't available.

ERJ170

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:43 am

Term C is no longer under the control of AA...they gave that up..now the airport runs the terminal. UA operates out of C..and I'm pretty sure UA is trying to get one more gate for their operation.

Very true.. Terminal C is no longer AA country.. although I think they will get preferentual treatment when the new Terminal is complete.. to the best of my knowledge, they still "own" 12 gates..

As far as UAX out of RDU.. they currently lease 3 gates.. and they do the grounds for AC.. how long will they keep their 3 gates is the question.. with their new schedule.. they will drop 4 flights out of RDU and will only operate 12 daily flights (7 IAD, 5 ORD, 3 YYZ on AC).. RDU has been willing to yank some gates back lately so UAX could get pushed to 2 gates.. That would free up a gate for a new airline, for AA to add a gate, or another international carrier..

Also, I would expect SkyTeam to move to Terminal C in the next few years... I think DL is a definite..
Aiming High and going far..

BigOrange

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:50 am

It seems like AA pulled out of the PHL-BOS market, presumably due to low yields.

There's too much competition there with hourly flights on US and Airtran in the market albeit with only 3 flights a day.

There's also WN operating PHL-MHT and PHL-PVD.

ATWZW170

Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:52 am

UA had to fight very hard for the space and gates that they have....not sure if the airport will take one away. RDU has screwed UA from the get-go when they moved from A to C. Even with 12 flights a day, they are pretty busy there. Right now UA has 18 feet of counter space - not enough to handle the passenger load, where as AA has close to 115 feet of space. WN, 90 feet of space. Point, UA will take notice and probably file some sort of lawsuit in order to stop any more space from leaving.

usair330

If US Airways was to liquidate. Will AA start bring some 767-300 or A300's into the PHL-SJU Route.

US Airways
767-200
A330-300
757 or A320

AA
757-200
757-200 or 737-800

That's 5 flights a day and all with midsize aircraft. Chances high ?

PHLBOS

ATWZW170,

I just double-checked Expedia and AA's website. I stand corrected. AAEagle must have just recently discontinued their non-stop PHL-BOS service. Eagle offered this service as recently as last October or November. According to PHL's latest timetable (from last October, which will be replaced by an updated timetable next month) AA had offered as many as 5 Eagle round-trip flights/day.

I, for one, am somewhat surprised about this. First DLConnection dropped the service late August, now AAEagle. One would've thought that AA might just keep the service to bide the time until US does indeed cease operations. Unless AA's thinking that if FL expands its PHL-BOS service (should US go), they (FL) won't be able to expand as much in other competetive markets; like DFW for example.

Edited to add:

There's too much competition there with hourly flights on US and Airtran in the market albeit with only 3 flights a day.

BigOrange,

When I last checked FL's website, they will be reintroducing the earlier morning PHL-BOS r/t flights that were dropped nearly 2 months ago on April 5. With the TZ/MDW deal falling through (and thereby freeing up more available planes for FL) and US going under becoming more of a reality, FL may be able to increase its PHL-BOS frequency sooner if need be.

And, yes, WN having PHL-PVD and PHL-MHT service doesn't help AA either.

[Edited 2004-12-28 23:01:45]

ERJ170

Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:06 am

RDU has screwed UA from the get-go when they moved from A to C. Even with 12 flights a day, they are pretty busy there. Right now UA has 18 feet of counter space

Yeah.. AA does have a HUGE counter and UAX has a teeny counter.... but they do offer a lot of flights.. RDU didn't have a choice did they? DH were the leasees on the A gates.. UAX had to go somewhere.. and since RDUAA had just taken back Terminal C.. I think they did good.. course, the way their gates are located.. quite odd.. I would expect that UAX in Terminal C is temporary.. until the Terminal is redone.. then they will probably be scooted back over to Terminal A..

How often are those 3 gates utilized? With having 12 flights and not having the Charter flights anymore.. couldn't that be done at 2 gates? just seems that if RDU is going to pull a gate from US for none use, they would be looking at the UAX gates too...
Aiming High and going far..

ATWZW170

Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:12 am

With as often as UA is delayed out of RDU, they are always in use.  Smile Seriously though, they are used often. I can't speak for how much because I was there in June to help with station start up, the gates were filled very often. And, one of the gates doesn't even work, you have to walk downstairs and out to your plane. So, really, we only have 2 gates. Oh, and the contract with AC states they have to have a jetbridge for their flights.....so if they are late and one of our birds lands...often times they are just parked and passengers walk in!

FlyCaledonian

Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:37 am

How strong is the PHL O&D market for international flights? Just wondering that if US went under any carrier would be interested in the international routes, e.g. PHL-LGW, PHL-MAN, PHL-CDG, PHL-FRA, PHL-AMS, PHL-FCO, PHL-MAD? Or would it be more likely that UA at IAD, CO at EWR and AA & DL at JFK would seek to boost their own international flights? I guess looking at what I just typed, I'm asking could NW make a success of some of those PHL international routes, especially given that those US A330s are compatible with NW's own fleet.
Let's Go British Caledonian!

DAYflyer

Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:40 am

When (and not if) US collapses, Airtran and Southwest and CO will expand services very quickly and will benefit the most. AA would likely pick up the transcon and Intl services there. IMHO. I think DL would also expand with more dircet flights to hubs like ATL (to compete with FL) and CVG.  Smile
One Nation Under God

PHLBOS

Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:42 am

How strong is the PHL O&D market for international flights?

I don't have any hard numbers for you but I know that plenty of people who live around here do fly overseas for both business and pleasure. Should US bite the dust, I do believe that DOA Director Charley Isdell will no doubt try to court no just any domestic legacy carrier for the international market but possibly some foreign carriers as well.

AAplatnumflier

Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:44 am

I think that AA would improve its presence at PHL but I do not think that it would be a Hub as PHL does not have anything to offer over the airports on the East Coast that they currently have. I think that AA will start up a LAX-PHL if US Airways does in fact go.....along with many other -PHL routes...but by no means will it be a hub.

Thrust

Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:29 am

Is it possible AA will take back PHL-LHR? AA could certainly benefit from extra service to LHR.
Fly one thing; Fly it well

usairways85

Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:26 am

I think in essence PHL will become what BOS is today, but instead of several majors with focus cities, it will be a mix of some majors and some LCC's. Think about it, Southwest just paid a good amount of money to take on 8(?) gates at MDW which will require the use of a number of their newly delivered planes. How much can Southwest really handle. They recently said that they would take around 25 gates at PHL if US went under, but is that possible for them to do now that they just took on MDW. Maybe this is an opportunity for Airtran to step up and expand in PHL now that Southwest is focusing on MDW.

I think if US went under AA would step up SJU-PHL with maybe 3 dailies and possibly an A300 mixed in. I also think UA or AA could possibly add PHL-LHR.

Also PHL's practically brand new regional terminal would be vacant. This plays well with Northwest possibly coming into PHL. They could use one of their regional affiliates to start some regional service that could connect to transatlantic flights and essentially start a focus city. I know people say they've put a ton of money into DTW to make it the prime European gateway, but how realistic is it for people that live east of DTW to connect through DTW when traveling to Europe. Northwest is the only major that does not have a east coast European gateway.

US653

Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:27 pm

It would be interesting seeing if NW would utilize PHL as an east coast hub. As I had mentioned in an earlier thread, I have always overlooked NW as they have not been a big carrier here (at least in the last 15 years or so). The biggest thing they did here was fly PHL-AMS with a DC-10-40 to counter US.

I could also see AA taking over some of the Caribbean flights. Those flights seem to do doing well out of PHL. I could definately see expansion of PHL-SJU and the return of the A300. I could also see them restarting STT and SXM and maybe start SXM, AUA, MBJ and BGI.

Jeff
US653...PHL-AUA...The best place in the Caribbean!!!

PHLBOS

Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:11 pm

When (and not if) US collapses, Airtran and Southwest and CO will expand services very quickly and will benefit the most.

Dayflyer,

I agree with you about FL and WN expanding services at PHL but not CO. PHL is too close to EWR for CO to seriously beef up service. CO might add more frequency on routes to its hubs (CLE, EWR, IAH) but that's about it. Presently, US and US Express have non-stop routes to all of CO's hubs.

chrisnh

Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:24 pm

Well, AA and WN are close to the worst of enemies. That much is clear, if one reviews the Wright Ammendment; DFW/DAL and other snipes that AA has taken against WN. AA has been loathe to allow WN any freedom to expand DAL, so you can perhaps view PHL as the shoe being on the other foot. In other words, WN is the 'big fish' at PHL and AA is the one that wants to grow there. So, you can be sure that AA won't be able to waltz right into PHL without a bloodbath. And perhaps AA knows this to be true, and will refrain from growing PHL if USAirways ceases to exist.

I think the more likely scenario is that WN simply grows even more at PHL if USAirways goes away...rather than some other carrier attempting growth there.

Chris in NH

stlgph

Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:59 pm

Well WN would want to take on 25 gates...or so they say...but do they have the flight crews and aircraft standing by to make this happen? I bring up AA for taking over PHL because I know they have the aircraft handy and the flight crews/staffing that could be called back to make it work. Even if it's just as simple as pulling out some M80's and offering near hourly service to Chicago, Dallas, and starting services to the Florida markets...that still gives them quite a jump start on the other carriers.

NW would be a good option for expansion, but given their bleak financial outlook for the years ahead, would expanding into PHL be a good idea for them...and then turning around with their replacement of DC9's? Sounds like a bit more than they can chew.

Spirit could benefit by adding a few flights to Florida markets as well...but do they have the aircraft available to do so?

ATWZW170

Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:02 am

I'm not sure Spirit has the name recognition to do something like PHL. Nor do I think they have the money or employee's to expand in a large way into any area.

STT757

Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:09 am

Folks there's a reason why AA has so many aircraft in the bone yards and why they laid off so many people. They were not making money, why would bringing back the same planes and same employees but at a different location (PHL) make sense now?..

If they could not make money flying theses crews and aircraft from ORD or DFW why would they make money from PHL?.. Especially in light of the fact that WN is growing rapidly at the airport, AA competes head to head with WN on very few routes for a reason.

Domestically none of the legacies are going to want to add service on routes from PHL where WN or FL are adding service, you will not see anyone jumping at the chance to fly from PHL to Florida for example.

Internationaly there might be some interest from NWA or some European carriers.

British Airways already has their PHL-LHR flight, they are not interested in PHL-LGW. AA and Virgin might be interested in launching nonstop PHL-London flights but only if they could operate the route from LHR.

stlgph

Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:18 am

You can't "run" from Southwest forever. If you are able to offer just as good of a product, then why the hell run? Look at AirTran. They opened up heavy operations at Baltimore. They seem to be doing well. They went against Delta at Atlanta. They seem to be doing well. ATA and Midwest Express haven't gone running away from Northwest at IND or MKE have they?

AA, logistically, just has the ability to get the crews and the aircraft in there faster...and even if it's just a few flights more to Miami, a few more to Chicago, Dallas, and to points throughout Florida (Orlando, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Meyers), surely they could fill an M80 or two down there. There's 8 million people or so in the PHL area. Someone is bound to want to take the kids to Disney World.

Just because Southwest "flies that route" or could potentially "fly that route" or potentially "expand on that route" is a lame excuse. Southwest seems to have been successful because they have been a bit aggressive at expanding their network. Other airlines need to do the same if they want to have any kind of the same success.

ATWZW170

Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:37 am

I have to totally agree with stlgph. We can't run from WN. Nor can we run from any other low fare carrier. AA or any other legacy could make money in PHL. Once US is gone, that leaves a whole lot of market share. AA does compete with WN, look at both Dallas and Chicago...sure, they are not right next door but they are competing. AA can match some of WN's fares and still come out ok with the current cost savings they have in place. They couldn't make money on the planes now because of over capacity. If US were to go under, then capacity would decrease and allow some airlines to come in and add a few flights a day, maybe not as many flights as PHL once had, but a few.

PHLBOS

Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:38 am

I'm not sure Spirit has the name recognition to do something like PHL. Nor do I think they have the money or employee's to expand in a large way into any area.

Spirit was in PHL for a brief period during the '90s. Given NK's commitment to SJTA for their future terminal expansion over at ACY, I highly doubt that they would return to PHL.

JET1977

What If PAN Am Took Over "us" Operations At PHL

Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:52 am

All the talk about which airline will move into the PHL market if US goes under, had me thinking maybe the new Pan Am, or Clipper Connection could expand operations at PHL. Right now, they basically fly from BOS, BDL and some other New England cities to FLorida and Puerto Rico. .
They would probally have to start out slow, but eventually have the operation that US has in PHL ( Domestic Routes & Int'l routes)
In my opinion, it would be very cool to see such an airline with such a rich history and reputation for service to be re-born. PA also used to have a sizeable operation in PHL years ago. I have no idea of the new Pan Am's financial situation, what issues would be involved for Pan Am in starting up such an operation at PHL..... I am just an Airline nut and know that there are plenty of other airline nuts on this forum that have plenty to say about this idea....

JET1977

Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:56 am

My apologies... I did not properly post a new topic

STT757

Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:15 am

"and to points throughout Florida (Orlando, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale, Ft. Meyers), surely they could fill an M80 or two down there"

Philadelphia-Florida is a fraction of the size of the market between NY/NJ and Florida, if AA is not flying to Orlando, Tampa and Ft.Lauderdale from JFK why on earth would they fly from PHL and compete with WN.

Yields are why AA will not compete head to head with WN, the failure of MRTC has proven that folks will not pay a premimum for better service. People will always choose the lowest fare, and AA's costs are much higher than WN's which puts them at a servere competitive disadvantage.

stlgph

Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:29 am

Jet 1977--

Agree with you on the Pan Am, idea, actually. Now if we can just find someone crazy enough to bring it back for a fourth time. Oh, Gordon...

sanscott744

Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:39 am

I think that United will pick up the west coast flights for USAir in Philadelphia when they go under

AAplatnumflier

Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:56 am

STT757-

Actually AA really only has planes in the boneyard because they are too old for service or there is no need for them. Also AA is #1 with the American based Airlines that arent LCC's. Also at the time being AA is one of the most financially stable non LCC airline. They also have made a profit this year I believe. Also AA and WN do compete on many routes weather they be leaving or arriving at the same airport. Like WN competes with AA on LAX-MDW/ORD. They may not fly to the same airport but they compete heavily with them to the Chicago Area also along with the Dallas area.

I also would have to agree that AA is going to have a presence in PHL such as they do in BOS.

STT757

Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:39 am

"They may not fly to the same airport but they compete heavily with them to the Chicago Area also along with the Dallas area"

Have to laugh there, WN is not even allowed to fly from Love Field to a State that does not physically touch Texas and they are a major competitor to AA in the DFW area?.. Drop the Wright Amendment and get back to us..

With regards to Chicago, have you seen how small Midway Airport is compared to ORD?..

A better comparison with regards to a head to head AA/WN competition would be the West Coast, particulary LAX and SJC. After the Reno Air and Air Cal Mergers AA were dropping the routes like they were hot! AA has dropped every routes they competed directly against WN, everyone.

For arguments sake if someone could find a route where AA and WN compete direclty (not comparing ORD/MDW or DFW/DAL) I would be interested.

jpetekyxmd80

Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:41 am

Also at the time being AA is one of the most financially stable non LCC airline.

Yeah, after narrowly averting bankruptcy not too long ago... Continental and Northwest are in much better shape.
The Best Care in the Air, 1984-2009

MAH4546

Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:28 am

Yeah, after narrowly averting bankruptcy not too long ago... Continental and Northwest are in much better shape.

Not really, they are all in the same position. AA is in very healthy shape considering the condition of the industry, many would say they are better off than CO is. They have huge cash reserves that CO and NW cannnot match.
a.

AAplatnumflier

Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:30 am

At the end of the day AA, CO, and NW are going to be the ones surviving that aren't LCC's.

US is going to be the first that goes out cause there simply isn't enough room for them and they are beginning to figure this out. Some could argue this but there simply are too many airlines with seats not getting filled. This is US's problem..and this is why I don't think that PHL will be taken over by any airline. The seats aren't being filled.

Also AA competes with WN on LAX-LAS gotcha there  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos