DCA-ROCguy
Topic Author

Help With Pic In Stroud's "Airports Of The World"

Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:35 am

Dear Gang,

This Christmas I hunted down and bought myself a copy of John Stroud's "Airports of the World." I had seen this book in the library as an undergrad at Miami of Ohio in the late 1980's. Sure enough it was the same book, and I'm thrilled to have it in my collection now.

However....the copy I have lacks a picture that Miami University's copy has. My copy's account of Albany County Airport has a facade photo taken around when the airport opened in 1962 (I have a color postcard of the exact photo). Miami University's copy has a much better picture: an aerial photograph of ALB's terminal showing the 1979 extension, and a United 727 in 1974-94 colors. Perhaps MU's copy is a later edition? The Miami U. libraries website shows the same publication date as mine, 1980. Weird.

Does anyone's copy of Stroud's book have the aerial photo of Albany's terminal? If so, I would be very grateful if you could scan it at say 300 DPI and e-mail it to me. It was one of the things I was especially looking forward to in the book. My e-mail address is JKrug20017@aol.com. Thank you very much,

Jim
Need a new airline paint scheme? Better call Saul! (Bass that is)

Tom in NO

RE: Help With Pic In Stroud's "Airports Of The World"

Sat Jan 01, 2005 1:45 am

Jim,

I wish I could help you. My copy also has the 1980 publication date, and the terminal facade picture only. Sorry  Sad .

Happy New Year, btw.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

aaway

Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:04 am

Glad you've found this good book. Unfortunately, I have to 'ditto' Tom's remark as my copy is the same.
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

jsnww81

Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:08 am

Hey Jim -

You know where I stand on this one... I've got the facade picture as well. So does the copy at my former university library back in Chicago.

It's still a great book!

DCA-ROCguy
Topic Author

Sat Jan 01, 2005 4:14 am

Thanks Tom, AAway, and Jsnww81 for your help. I'll keep looking! I won't get to Miami U. anytime soon but maybe could ask them about it once they're back in session.

Jim
Need a new airline paint scheme? Better call Saul! (Bass that is)