There was a piece in yesterday’s Sunday Business Post about the search for a new Aer Lingus CEO which has become more urgent than ever with Willie Walsh now leaving next month instead of the end of May. Those ‘linked to’ the post include:
- Barbara Cassani: Former founder/CEO of Go. [Isn’t she still working as head of London’s Olympic bid?]
- Conor McCarthy: Former Aer Lingus executive and Ryanair director, runs an aviation consultancy firm and co-founded Air Asia which he own a 5% stake in.
- Jack Foley: Vice-president of Aer Lingus in North America.
- Tim Jeans: Former Ryanair commercial director, went off to MyTravelLite and is presently the managing director of Monarch Airlines.
- Niall McDonnell: Managing director of Panorama and Airtours Holidays (My travel Ireland).
- Niall Walsh: Aer Lingus COO.