FLY2LIM
Topic Author

I Heard An AA Rumor

Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:28 am

On December 31, I was at the gate at MIA boarding a flight to SFO on my return from LIM. I asked the gate agent if the flight was full since I had requested an upgrade, which I did not get because I needed 4 spaces and they only had 2 available. So I asked how full the flight is and she responded that it was totally full. So I made some smart comment about how AA must be making money since the flights seem to be full. She responded that (I am paraphrasing) "I guess we are still losing money and we are going to have layoffs again in mid January". I didn't ask any more since it was time to board the flight and I like to get in early since we travel with small children.
So, I am repeating the words told to me by a gate agent at MIA. I assume she heard it from within the company. I am curious to know if there are going to be further layoffs.
Does anyone have any concrete information regarding this?
Thanks,
FLY2LIM
Faucett. La primera linea aerea del Peru.

ual777contrail

RE: I Heard An AA Rumor

Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:42 am

Rumor is AA is preparing to screw the remaining TWA folks. In COS they are laying off 4, and yes, they are the TWA folks. Over at UAL we have had relations with TWA folks for decades, so to say the least we help each other out. They told us AA is preparing to screw them. Good luck TWA folks.

Tango-Bravo

Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:45 am

Check out:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/1890691/

Av8trxx

Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:44 am

Yes, there are more layoffs coming. AMR has said it will launch a new round of efforts, including layoffs and a reduction in its fleet of airplanes, to cut costs and boost revenue. The maintenance and engineering departments plan to cut 1,000 employees early this year. Management is taking an 8% reduction in workforce and the APA announced another round of about 100 pilot layoffs.

Preceed your weblink the 'less than' symbol "<" and end it with the 'greater than' symbol ">" and your link will become clickable.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/1890691

ripcordd

Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:59 am

AA is not going to screw the TWA/AA employees they wouldn't have a job if it were not for AA TWA would have been liquidated if it were not for AA. Also as of right now they at least have a pension it may not be huge but they have one. If AA did not buy TWA they wouldn't have one look it at that way. It is sad that so many employees of airlines are getting laid off but its a reality we live in. My only question is why did it take the airlines to lose billions to figure out how to save billions in cost cutting measures ( And I mean without cutting wages.) Were would most airlines be today if they were able to save a billion a year when they were making a billion a year image the condition were they would be today.

bistro1200

Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:02 am

I can substantiate this rumor from a friend who is a AA flight attendant. Same stuff as you heard, cuts and layoffs. Billed as a "big" announcement, so maybe more?
Measure to the millimeter, mark with a crayon, cut with an axe.

FLY2LIM
Topic Author

Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:06 am

Thanks for all the responses. I am glad that I wasn't just spreading false rumors. And I am very sad that anyone, whatever the airline, is getting screwed.
I am sorry I did not know about the other thread. I thought I was getting some "fresh" rumor. I should know that the a.nutters are on top of anything airline related.  Smile
FLY2LIM

AAgent

Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:11 am

Although no airline job is completely safe, AMR employees may be more secure at American Eagle as opposed to mainline American Airlines. I've worked at both (currently with American Eagle) and I don't feel the axe sitting in the corner like I did at American Airlines. Who knows, I could be wrong...and find myself in the unemployment line tomorrow...but somehow I don't think so. Good luck to all of my fellow American Airlines and American Eagle employees. And for that matter, good luck to everyone in the industry.

Regards,
AAgent
War Eagle!

QantasHeavy

Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:14 am

I heard that more "furloughing" was coming from a mate who's a 75/767 captain with AA. Too bad, really.

It is odd, but AA does seem to be filling planes and still losing money. The pilots there say it is due to underpricing the tickets. I am afraid American is trying to compete with Southwest, which it can't do. American should try to differentiate itself and focus on customer service -- not compete against the LCCs. In the Crandall days, they could steam-roll a competitor, but Southwest is too big. Southwest has a great model, but American is not strucutred to be like Southwest and can't compete on costs. They should exploit Southwest's gaps -- such as premium, long-haul and more ammenity-based services.

I hope AA management gets it right, or a lot of good people will lose their jobs (same for any airline... or company).

ANNOYEDFA

Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:39 am

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I AM SO SICK OF THIS AA SCREWED TWA SH*T!!!!! TWA was a B R O K E airline with NO MONEY! They had what $150 Million in the bank upon take over??? That would last what a few more months? AA should of never bought TWA. THEY WOULD BE IN A BETTER POSITION had they not and not a few thousand but ALL the TWA employees would a GONE WITH THE WIND!

AA employees got screwed not TWA. People that were flying for AA got stuck under TWA people and are also furloughed. They chose to fly for TWA! They had no rights for a seniority list merger because there was no god damn merger it was a buy out!! TAKE OVER! As long as their recalls rights don't expire they can all be recalled. So if they want to wait and see or go back they still have a job at AA. Until then stop the crying if AA didn't make the dumb decision to buy TWA none of them would have jobs and they could of moved into STL free and easy.

Oh and those being furloughed.... They are to start with pilots. I heard around 300+.
"TWA... One Mission, Yours."

QuestAir

Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:48 am

Annoyedfa...calm down. You really must be annoyed!

I have a neighbor who used to be a TWA FA based out of STL for a good twenty years. After AA bought the company, she was 'demoted' to a lower senority and then furloughed after 9/11. Very sad. She loved her job a lot.
'Do we carry rich people on our flights? Yes, I flew on one this morning and I�m very rich.' - Michael O'Leary

bustraveler

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:00 am

What kills me is that besides labor, fuel is the largest cost for an airline. Yet when oil rises from $10 per barrel to $50, people scream if the airlines raise fares $10 bucks per way. Fuel costs are definately a large, yet not the largest, factor in airlines' continued problems.

ANNOYEDFA

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:08 am

And the number 1 FA for TWA was with the company for 55 years.... and she is now furloughed..... What can you do? I am just sick of blame being places on AA. Atleast she is on furloughed and still has recall rights.

LMP737

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:19 am

UAL777contrail:

Do you have anything to back up your claims? Since your animosity torwards AA is well known I suspect you might be speaking of something which you know nothing about. By the way we just had another round of layoffs here on the M&E side. Most of those affected are AA, not ex-TWA.

Another thing, before you get on your soap box about how AA "plays hard ball" with the competition and "screws" employees I take it that UAL has NEVER played hard ball and has NEVER screwed anyone.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

LMP737

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:29 am

Annoyedfa:

Actually I think they had around $36 million in cash at the time of their third chapter 11 filling. Not much for a major airline.

remymartin11

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:40 am

I fly to LIM quite often. I was amazed at how many AA staff get upgraded at the gate while the full fare pax, like me, watch in disgust. I now only fly Lan Chile - Airbus equipment and much better service (and no flight attendant party in first). AA and the demise of service led by Dan Garton.....Mediocrity is the level of acceptance with AA.

stirling

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:45 am

Yes, 36 million sounds like the number at the end of days.
Also heard they were burning through over a ONE MILLION USD per day!

TWA sadly would have never made it through the latest fuel price increases.
So one does wonder, if the ex-TWA employees are better or worse off?
In the end, it all depends entirely on who you ask.
Delete this User

ckfred

Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:00 pm

Annoyedfa:

I agree with you that but for AA, TWA would have been liquidated, and all of its employees would have been lookig for new jobs.

But at the time that Carty announced the takeover, it made a lot of sense. First, the summer of 2000 was terrible at ORD. All summer, there were severe weather watches and warnings for the Chicago area. It seems that 4 nights out of 7, the airport was setting up cots in the baggage claims of Terminals 1 and 3. Add to the problem that UA's pilots weren't working overtime, which meant a lot of people being sent over to AA due to cancelled flights and missed connections.

So, AA having a 3rd mid-continent hub at STL made sense. STL and ORD are seldom hit by severe thunderstorms at the same time.

In addition, if the UA/US merger had gone through, AA would have swapped the TW 757s for US's 757s. That would have improved operations a lot.

The purchase made a lot of sense until September 11th.

Qantasheavy:

I agree with you. Certainly, AA needs to reduce its costs. Every legacy carrier needs to make cuts. But AA can't match Southwest's fares, unless it completely adopts the Southwest style of operation. AA management needs to understand that it has to do 2 things.

First, adopt a fare plan that is similar to Delta's. The gripe about the legacy carriers is that they charge way too much for the traveler that must book at the last minute.

Second, also understand that as a premium carrier, AA can charge a reasonable premium for premium service. That means pillows on the MD-80s, using planes with built-in and free IFE on long-haul routes, free meals in coach on flights over 1:45 in length, etc.

If a business cheapens its product too much, then the loyal customers will either find a better product or a similar product that costs even less. Marshall Field's learned that buy selling less expensive goods, the well-heeled customers left for Nieman Marcus and Nordstrom's, and the bargain hunters found the same goods for lower prices at Kohl's.

FLY2LIM
Topic Author

Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:00 pm

I fly to LIM quite often. I was amazed at how many AA staff get upgraded at the gate while the full fare pax, like me, watch in disgust. I now only fly Lan Chile - Airbus equipment and much better service (and no flight attendant party in first). AA and the demise of service led by Dan Garton.....Mediocrity is the level of acceptance with AA.

Remymartin11:
I am not AA crew but I know one and I believe that you are only partly right. AA crew fly only if there are open seats. If the flight is full, they are S.O.L., and many are flying back to their job the next day or, maybe, that day. I also believe that they can pay (a minimal fee) to upgrade, or they reserve a "non rev" place on C class over Y. From what I understand, they never fly over a full fare pax. As far as whether or not you deserve the upgrade over them, that's another question.
I do disagree with the "mediocrity" comment. Those f/as working the LIM flights are all LIM based and they bust their tails. Have someone explain to you their work itineraries. They don't do any one day turnarounds. When you are flying to LIM with them, they are returning from a 7 or 9 day trip.
Any AA crew member please correct/rectify any information I presented.
As far as your Lan comments, I have no objection. I have not flown Lan but I do hear that their service is excellent. They don't, however, offer "all Airbus" equipment. They fly the 767 to both MIA and LAX from LIM.
FLY2LIM

yhz78

Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:26 pm

Apparantly RDU is now becoming an AE base, so all the AA employees have the choice of taking the chance on a transfer and hoping that there is a spot for them in another base or applying to AE for less wages and presumably lower benefits and pensions. Does anyone have any specifics on how many are going to be affected or if this is even all true?
Canada Rocks! From the west coast to the best coast!

VSCaptain

Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:48 pm

When I was at MIA on the 2rd of Jan I was told by someone who works for AA that all the bags heading for an AA flight was put on the wrong flight. Luckily on the day of my flight which there was not a spare seat on the aircraft with 12 people on stand by. When I got to DFW my other AA flight was also full with 15 people on stand by.
AP321 - Oxford Aviation Academy

ANNOYEDFA

Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:59 pm

I'm glad SO far everyone has seen my point. I am just tired of this AA screwed TWA stuff. It's simply not true. With only $36 million in the bank if anyone thinks they would be around today if not for AA they are dreaming and anyone not on furlough should be thanking AA. I agree that in 2000 it was a good idea for all but no one could of predicted 9/11 and fuel prices right now.

Remymartin11: I don't know where your information came from but if your not an agent you would have no idea who was an employee in first and who is a full fair passenger. Even if you are a full fair passenger but not a one world member you have no right being up in First or Business class unless you paid for it. AA'S non-revs pay some of the highest fees in the industry. So if they decided to pay for the upgrade good for them! Also at most companies any deadheading crew is upgraded after the elite members.

ERJ170

Thu Jan 06, 2005 10:59 pm

Apparantly RDU is now becoming an AE base, so all the AA employees have the choice of taking the chance on a transfer and hoping that there is a spot for them in another base or applying to AE for less wages and presumably lower benefits and pensions. Does anyone have any specifics on how many are going to be affected or if this is even all true?

I heard that about RDU too. AE is "unofficially" building a maintenance hanger at RDU. Should be open early 2006, I do believe. There are currently 100 AA employees who are being transferred to AE. I think it is an even 1-for-1.. There will be ~40 AA employees left and about 300-400 AE employees perhaps?? That figure could be off, I'm not sure. I hope AE brings in some CR7 or some E170 (pilot union allowing). Would be cool..
Aiming High and going far..

aaer 777

Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:01 am

Remymartin11:
Next time I'll raise my glass to you, through the curtains that seperate us...
If you are cheap, sit in the cheap seats, don't moan about it.
Which part of "NO" do you not understand?

tothestars

Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:34 am

Annoyedfa
"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I AM SO SICK OF THIS AA SCREWED TWA SH*T!!!!!"

Pipe down AnnoyingFa, At least you have a job. AA had a chance to truly integrate instead of annihilate the last remaining aviation pioneer. From what I've observed as a passenger, most AA employees show very little loyalty to their company and have very little pride in what they do. As a platinum Aviator on TWA I saw the flight and ground staffs go through paycuts and disasters and cutbacks in service and still treat the passengers like royalty. In my honest opinion they managed to take very little (even at the end) and still turn it into a great experience.
AA had a chance to truly redo it's stainless steel sky nazi image by utilizing the people and legacy of the last true premier airline but they didn't. Sad for this traveler who appreciated having his name remembered...Maybe you wouldn't be so "annoyed" had you flown with some real professionals.

[Edited 2005-01-06 16:41:15]
TWA-Airline To the Stars

ssides

Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:44 am

AA had a chance to truly integrate instead of annihilate the last remaining aviation pioneer.

It was a dying pioneer that couldn't adapt to changes in the industry. What was AA supposed to do, let this little airline with a single mediocre hub and less than 300 aircraft rule its worldwide network with more than 700 aircraft?

AA did what it could to preserve the TWA legacy. Without AA, it would have died out completely, and the former TWA employees and partisans who complain about AA now would have been complaining that AA didn't come to their rescue.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

QuestAir

Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:48 am

As I recall, the number one TWA f/a was weeks away from 50 years of service. She quit before she could be laid off. At the time, everyone was positive about the merger. Compton and Carty were all smiles, saying that the day of the merger was the best day in TWA history and such.
'Do we carry rich people on our flights? Yes, I flew on one this morning and I�m very rich.' - Michael O'Leary

tothestars

Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:03 am

As I recall, the number one TWA f/a was Weeks away from 50 years of service. She quit before she could be laid off. At the time, everyone was positive about the merger. Compton and charity were all smiles, saying that the day of the merger was the best day in TWA history and such.

Compton supposedly turned down a Boeing offer for TWA because it didn't include the 4mil parachute that Carty offered him.
And as far as AA's world wide network, how did they achieve that? TWA Heathrow routes ring a bell?
TWA-Airline To the Stars

LMP737

Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:09 am

FLY2LIM:

AA non-revs don't upgrade in the true meaning of the word. They can list themselves in first which costs a little extra. If there's a seat avaliable then they get it. If a paying passenger asks for an upgrade into first a non rev wanting that same seat is going to be out of luck.

As an employee I'll admit flying first is nice, it's one of the few perks left. However I will be the first to say I would rather see a passenger get upgraded into first that get the seat myself. Why, because an upgraded passenger is a happy one and much more likely to fly AA again.

LMP737

Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:15 am

Tothestars:

Here's what would have happened if AA had try to "truly integrate" TWA post 9-11 the way they originally intended. They would have gone into chapter 11 and there would have been a whole lot more bleeding going on.

tothestars

Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:27 am

Oh well, I still miss the warmth and great service. It's nice to get on a plane and have the attendant set down your favorite drink because they remembered you from last week.
TWA-Airline To the Stars

Argonaut

Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:21 am

"I am just tired of this AA screwed TWA stuff. It's simply not true."

Annoyedfa, I believe the trouble is that AA gave TWA employees the line that their jobs were all guaranteed, and then went back on that. If true, that's hardly acceptable, and "screwed" might indeed be a fitting word.

BTW, if anyone really screwed TWA, surely it was Carl Icahn, who, when he left, locked TW into having to sell him a large quota of seats at below cost for a stated number of years. TW almost managed to get free of that albatross but went under only a few months before the "agreement" expired. (The take-over nullified it, so AA didn't have to live with the same problem afterwards.)

To get back on-topic: AA is no more immune to the savagery of today's airline world than any other legacy carrier. I doubt if this will turn out to be merely a rumour, unfortunately.

'the rank is but the guinea stamp'

jmlagrod

Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:51 am

AA saved TWA. Without a doubt that if this wouldn't of taken place TWA would have been long gone.

ANNOYEDFA

Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:58 am

ToTheStars: I don't know what TWA you flew in the end but let me tell you I wish I flew on your flights. I did quite a few round trips on TWA and experienced nothing but rudeness. The last flight I took on them was in 2000 EWR-CUN-EWR. I had the same nightmare flight attendants going and coming. Although I don't blame them knowing what was going to happen with the company the things they did and said were very unprofessional. I even snapped quick pics of them just to remember them specifically "Gretchin". Upon boarding a P.A. was made and I quote "If you don't have a customs card get up and go to the check in counter (through security) and get them", "If you don't have a pen find one we are not providing them", "If you don't have a passport you need to get off the plane". If your 18 and under you can enter the country with a birth certificate and signed note from a parent. After they made my friend cry thinking her vacation was ruined they soon realized that we were right. I can go on and on but it's pointless.

They chose to work for TWA and stay knowing the state of the airline. Just like employees of US Airways and United are still there and look at the state of both of those airlines. If I was an AA employee during the time of the "Buyout" there is no way in hell I would agree to a merger of the FA seniority list. Why? So people from a different company bump me down after my years of service with AA and make me possibly furloughed. I don't think SO! For those of you who don't know there are AA flight attendants under TWA FAS which I think is a joke. So before they get recalled they have to wait for all the TWA people to.

Here's something else my friend is a TWA furloughed FA and of course he feels like AA screwed him which is of course simply untrue. No one knew of 9/11. If it didn't happen they still would all be flying and working for top dollar and let me tell you something AA FAS were paid VERY well till the pay cuts. My friend is with them for 14 years. They were also up for a 3% raise on top of what they were making. My friend who was with TWA was friends with the number one FA at TWA she was a 1955 hire and STL based and commuted to Evansville. As far as I know she never retired. It would be dumb if she didn't as TWA offered a pension and 401K plan.

AAgent

Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:15 am

"I believe the trouble is that AA gave TWA employees the line that their jobs were all guaranteed, and then went back on that. If true, that's hardly acceptable, and "screwed" might indeed be a fitting word."

Argonaut,

Surely you don't believe for one second that AA would have actually told TWA employees "that their jobs were all guaranteed." NO job can be guaranteed in the airline industry. (Believe me, I've been in the unemployment line myself). TWA, once among of the worlds finest of airlines, died...compliments of Carl Icahn. American Airlines paid the price to try to pick up the pieces...and what a price they've paid!!! TWA's employees seniority died with their airline. Had the events of 9/11 not occurred, perhaps they'd all still have a job with their new employer, American. However (and quite sadly) 9/11 DID happen and American had to make some tough decisions, including layoffs (including my own). I was not TWA, I was AA and I still got the boot because I was low man on the totem pole of seniority. Seniority is a tough pill to swallow when you're at the bottom, and that's where ALL of the newest employees (including me, a newly minted AA'er and all of the ex-TWA employees) found themselves. So, in a nutshell, AA did NOT set out to "screw" anyone from TWA...that was Carl Icahn's job. AA tried to make the best of a bad situation, but to put it in rather simple words, times got tough and the new kids climbing the totem pole had to go! There is no grand conspiracy against ex-TWA employees, it's just that they are among AMR's newest employees, and as we all know, when it's time for layoff's you start at the bottom. Been there, done that...it really sucked! I started over and so can they. Well I've rattled on about this long enough...so enough with the "AA is out to screw ex-TWA employees". It's all hogwash!

Regards,
AAgent
War Eagle!

BR715-A1-30

Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:29 am

I only have one thing to say...

Fly the FINEST... Fly TWA
Puhdiddle

flashmeister

Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:44 am

I think it's pretty funny that we're arguing over who was screwed and who was savior, all the while ignoring the fact that in almost every aspect of an airline's operations, all of the legacies -- AA,, US, UA, DL, and the like -- are getting the holy crap kicked out of them right about now.

It's all fine and good to argue over whether or not AA screwed someone or did the best they could or what not, but face facts: unless AA and the others take action, and right now, AA isn't far from being in the desperate times that TWA found itself in.

The chip on one's shoulder gets heavier when they add a big ol' block of desperation on top.

tothestars

Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:45 am

Per AnnoyedFA:

"They chose to work for TWA and stay knowing the state of the airline. Just like employees of US Airways and United are still there and look at the state of both of those airlines."

I wouldn't act so high and mighty about my own security if I were you...by your age/profile you can't be that senior at AA. Instead of spewing your venom towards the former TWA flight attendants you should be thanking them for keeping your junior rear off the street. The cabin crews that I spoke with at twa felt a personal stake in trying to make their company work..it's called pride...maybe that's why they stayed. I'm sure there are (a few) people that would probably stay at AA till the bitter end too.
I can't speak for your experiences on TWA, but I always had San Diego crews (until AA closed that base) who where nothing but professional.

And I agree with Flashmeister

[Edited 2005-01-06 20:52:34]

[Edited 2005-01-06 20:54:10]
TWA-Airline To the Stars

remymartin11

Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:10 am

I pay full fare F, no upgrades. What I resent is paying for $3K ticket and seeing FA's stampeding up to first all giddy just before they close the door. I now fly Lan Chile First, and my only problem is making sure the Chilean FA's give me enough ice....jeez!

ANNOYEDFA

Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:43 am

Remymartin11: My point exactly you paid for a FULL coach fair not a FIRST CLASS FAIR. So you get just that a coach seat. While the crews pay for their upgrade to first.

Tothestars: You need to stop being so dramatic lol. I don't work for AA if I did I would be one of the people that got stuck below the TWA people... Unfortunate I know. I on the other hand happened to get in a airline at the right time and I bid in the double digits out of the hundreds of FAS we employee. If furloughes even came close to my number I would be smart enough to pack it up and move on. No matter how much pride I have for my company. It's called common sence. If I was a AA Flight Attendant I could assure you I would be thanking no one but myself for my job. They chose TWA not the AA people. As of right now DFW reserve time is 19 years and my friend sat a month of reserve in NY after 14 years. I don't feel bad for the TWA people. I feel bad that after almost 10 years with a company THEY CHOSE they are losing their lines for mistakes beyond their control. You live you move on TWA is long gone.

FLY2LIM
Topic Author

Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:33 am

AA non-revs don't upgrade in the true meaning of the word. They can list themselves in first which costs a little extra. If there's a seat avaliable then they get it. If a paying passenger asks for an upgrade into first a non rev wanting that same seat is going to be out of luck.

As an employee I'll admit flying first is nice, it's one of the few perks left. However I will be the first to say I would rather see a passenger get upgraded into first that get the seat myself. Why, because an upgraded passenger is a happy one and much more likely to fly AA again.

LMP737:
Thanks. That is what I was hoping someone would do, clarify my information. I'm glad to hear that I was not too far off.

As I recall, the number one TWA f/a was weeks away from 50 years of service. She quit before she could be laid off.

I am not trying to sound sarcastic, and certainly not cruel. I also recognize this person for the milestone and I know that people question the lack of respect for her professional rank and seniority in the company. However, did this person need to continue working as a flight attendant well into her sixties? If she started at the age of 18, plus fifty, she was somewhere around 68? Again, great milestone, but I wonder why she would continue working. I understand the legacy factor, the milestone, the historical perspective, the pride and all. I am not against that. I just wonder ....

FLY2LIM

LMP737

Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:01 am

BR715:

I only have one thing to say...
Fly the FINEST... Fly TWA

Good luck getting a flight.

AA767400

Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:16 am

OK....First Off, Employees just don't bump full fare passengers off from their seats. Employees can fly in First, or Business if space is available. It is simple as that. Now....Remymartin, If you feel that employees should not be given the right to fly in First, or Business that is another story. What it does seem to me is that you find that Flight Attendants, should not be given the right. You say that they are all giddy? It seems to me like you don't like to see people happy, and in this case Flight Attendants. But what you don't realize is that if a company treats it's employees right then in turn the employees will be happy and feel good about their job, translating to better service all around. And what about LA? There employees can ride up in first, or business...Do You have a problem with that?

About Flight Attendants that are senior, I find that most should retire at a certain point. Many superb airlines make their Crew members retire at a certain age, which in turn means fresh active faces. Yes there are rude, senior, and junior crew members. But....it Comes to a point where you need to retire. Also, you have to remember that if AA had not bought out TW, AA would not have had to furlough SO many Flight Attendants. Making the "They saved your junior butts" Excuse....absolite.
"The low fares airline."