hunsrueck

Asiana - What To Expect?

Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:18 am

I am thinking of a trip to Korea this or coming year. As I would like to fly with Asiana I would like to know what to expect from them.

Please only answers from whome they have self experiences from Asiana....not what they heard from others....

Thanks to all....

Frank (Hunsrueck)

j-bird

RE: Asiana - What To Expect?

Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:54 am

I have flown Asiana a couple of times, west coast to Korea, and Korea-Japan. I caveat this by saying that it was a few years ago, so things have probably developed a lot.

They definitely weren't too bad (in economy). Food was very Korean (but I like that), planes were newer, service was adequate, if not "warm". The prices couldn't be beat then, so no real complaints.

I don't think that they have any major safety issues (certainly no crashes that I can recall in the last few years), and I'm sure they've probably brought their service standards up to meet competition.

Then, they did not have PTVs in economy, but that was with 763 and 747 combis - I'm sure they've probably implemented them by now.

The only negative I remember is that the seat pitch was rather tight - probably 31" ~ 32" - but that's not too extreme.

Be curious if you take them to hear a trip report...

Best regards from London.

AMS

Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:58 am

I have flown OZ several years ago between SEL-FUK on a 763 in Y Class.
I was quite impressed by OZ, because of the good meal service and also there are so many (International) newspapers and magazines onboard.

Regards,
AMS

planenutz

Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:07 am

I flew then back in May SFO-ICN-PEK. Here's my trip report:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/trip_reports/read.main/44758/
Not all who wander are lost....