litz

FF Benefits On Partner Airlines

Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:18 am

While I know it's possible, for instaince, to earn DL miles (and even Medallion miles) when flying on partner airlines such as Northwest and Continental, what kind of FF *benefits* can you get while flying on those partner airlines?

For instance, if you're a silver/gold/platinum DL flier, can you use the "short" security lines, and get priority boarding/seating with the partner airline, like you do on a regular Delta flight?

Also, if the flight is ticketed on the partner airline (ie: not a Delta codeshare) can you access online items @ the airline's website ?

Example in question, specifically, is DL Gold, flying on Northwest.

thanks!

- litz

fbgdavidson

RE: FF Benefits On Partner Airlines

Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:08 am

Star Alliance Gold holders for example can get use of lounges on *A airlines, use of Fast Track security (at some locations and success rate varies), increased FF mileage earnt, priority handling, increased chance of upgrade after indigenous elites
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

EA CO AS

RE: FF Benefits On Partner Airlines

Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:22 am

Your questions might be better addressed at Flyertalk.com - they deal solely with frequent flier information there.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group