LRGT

Upgrading At The Counter With SkyTeam Partners?

Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:40 am

I am a Delta SkyMiles member with a large FF balance, mostly from my credit card.

I am wondering if when I fly KLM, AirFrance, Korean, CSA, Northwest, or Continental (any SkyTeam member) if I can use my SkyMiles points to upgrade at the gate?

Also, I was wondering if I EARN my points when I buy my ticket or complete my flight. Once, I bought a full-fare ticket on Delta and canceled it and they let me keep the miles!!!!

THANKS!
Don't bring up the NW DC9's unless you have to!

LRGT

RE: Upgrading At The Counter With SkyTeam Partners

Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:21 am

When I said the counter, I meant the gate.
Don't bring up the NW DC9's unless you have to!

1MillionFlyer

RE: Upgrading At The Counter With SkyTeam Partners?

Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:30 am

you cannot do that, you have to do it through reservations and they have to check with the airline for availability.

I had to fly last year BNA-TLV I booked on DL but under an Alitalia flight number, I called the Delta reservations desk they had to issue the upgrade as as an eletronic cert then call the Alitalia reservations desk in MXP and then confirm my seats (which I only was able to upgrade on 1 of the 4 legs).

Golf Foxtrot you are cleared for departure

padcrasher

RE: Upgrading At The Counter With SkyTeam Partners?

Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:45 am

The only partner you can do this with is AF on flights from the USA to CDG only, not beyond CDG. It's with mileage and not wise to attempt it at the gate, better do the upgrade at time of ticketing an "M" class fare or higher.