bartond

Mexican/Central American Carriers To DFW

Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:53 am

Hey does anyone know the date Mexicana is supposed to (re)start service to DFW? I haven't heard anything in quite a while.

Also, I was on the other day and saw a thread about Avianca starting up service to DFW. Any truth to this? I hadn't heard of it before. Please let me know.

drerx7

RE: Mexican/Central American Carriers To DFW

Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:05 am

That post was Aviacsa not Avianca. Supposedly that service is up in the air--because it was remnants of AeroExos 727 service that was under Aviacsas certificate or something along those lines. I know that Aviacsa has some success at IAH so I wouldn't see why they wouldn't eventually expand to DFW. I doubt Avianca would start service to DFW anytime soon. I'm more apt to believe that most Latin American carriers would look at IAH service before DFW--especially with a new FIS facility opening and a freeing up of Terminal D gate space with Continental international ops moving into Terminal E.
Third Coast born, means I'm Texas raised

ConcordeBoy

Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:16 am

'm more apt to believe that most Latin American carriers would look at IAH service before DFW

Agreed.

Why bother flying to DFW, unless you want to take advantage of an AA partnership, when there's IAH right there?
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

ssides

Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:57 am

I'm more apt to believe that most Latin American carriers would look at IAH service before DFW--especially with a new FIS facility opening and a freeing up of Terminal D gate space with Continental international ops moving into Terminal E.

It just depends on what the airline is looking for. Both Houston and Dallas have significant ties to Mexico and Latin America. Granted, Houston is a more international city than Dallas, but that doesn't mean Dallas is totally off the radar for Latin American carriers. There are still plenty of LatAm opportunities in Dallas, and some flights will clearly be justified.
"Lose" is not spelled with two o's!!!!

ghost77

Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:24 am

According to the latest information on the route Mexicana will start service next March 05 with a mix of A318s/319s/320s. They will fly from ZCL (Zacatecas), BJX (León), MLM (Morelia) to DFW. They will also return in the MEX-DFW route. And they have plans to expand and fly GDL-DFW and CUN-DFW.

The other airline is Aviacsa who wants to fly PBC-MTY-DFW later this year. (PBC-Puebla)

Ricardo APM

Ricardo Morales - flyAPM - ¡No es que maneje rapido, solo estoy volando lento!

airstatdfw

Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:50 am

Ghost77,

Do you know the frequency they will be flying into DFW? I guess MX will really like that new gate they will get in July when Term D opens up!

Scott4AA

Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:05 pm

AirStatDFW,

Is that July when Term D opens? I might be flying internationally through DFW in early June and I was hoping to go through the new terminal.
American Airlines - We Know Why You Fly

bartond

Wed Jan 12, 2005 5:15 pm

We can only hope that the new international terminal will be open by June but I'm guessing closer to August when the new terminal opens up. It looks so great from the outside and I'm sure it will be fantastic from the inside, but it kinda sucks that it won't have any new flare to it with a new international service to boast or anything like that. It will be 80% or more American flights and then a few foreign carriers here and there. Still, it should be great and I think Mexicana should be there by the time the terminal opens up. Let's hope so, and rumour is running around that Avaicsa might come to DFW too. Cool.

airstatdfw

Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:24 am

Scott4AA,

Sorry to say the new date is in July. Last year the TSA came through and said they needed to add a lot of new things which delayed the opening 3-6 months. I know Skylink is supposed to be able for passenger use starting next month sometime.

AirStatDFW

TACAA320

Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:54 am

Grupo Taca fly to Dallas/Fort Worth non stop from SAL.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein