sleekjet

Screener Caught Stealing Pax Pills

Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:02 am

II Cor. 4:17-18

AeroWesty

RE: Screener Caught Stealing Pax Pills

Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:52 am

Interesting story, that. When I've been selected for screening at the gate, there's usually been a table where my carry-on luggage is to be sorted through while another agent is running a wand over me, having me turn around, take off shoes, etc. The times when my bag would be out of my view, I've simply asked to have them stop searching it until the personal search was completed.

My request is usually met with suspicion initially, to which I reply, "it's to avoid temptation," and never had any further problems.

Cheers.  Smile
International Homo of Mystery

fly_emirates

Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:25 pm

and they still don't want you to lock your bags?

57AZ

Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:14 pm

Actually, the issue concerning locked bags had to deal with passenger complaints to the airlines about bags that had non-TSA sanctioned locks that were cut to allow the agents to inspect the bag or bags that did not make a flight due to non-TSA sanctioned locks that couldn't be opened and inspected in time to make the cutoff for the flight. There are baggage locks out there that are designed to comply with TSA regulations, mainly that the TSA has master keys that can open the lock quickly and without damaging it. Any good luggage shop should have them. As mentioned previously, locks and security are there to keep the honest folks honest.
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."

HAWK21M

Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:32 pm

Weird.
Why steal someones pills.  Smile
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

VictorTango

Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:36 pm

A hidden camera caught her in the act of stealing and even swallowing a passenger's pills

...wonder what was the urgency?
...sex stimulant pills???  Wink/being sarcastic

Rgds, olly

[Edited 2005-01-13 09:38:11]

57AZ

Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:42 pm

It all depends on what medication the pills were. There is a large black market here for certain prescription drugs due to the affects that they can produce on the body. Also, many prescriptions contain refined ingredients that can be used in the manufacture of illegal drugs. Criminals steal the drugs of choice since purchases of large amounts of certain materials are recorded or prohibited by retailers. This way they minimize the risk of being reported to authorities, caught and prosecuted. The basic reasons are drug addiction and/or greed.
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."

AMS

Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:47 pm

He probely wanted to sell them to people!, like a second job.
Anyway its a good thing he got busted!

Regards,
AMS

solnabo

Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:23 pm

She s a codein(?) junky, eazy as that!!

Scary U cant trust the staff at the a-ports  Sad

Micke/SE
Airbus SAS - Love them both

Orion737

Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:28 pm

But they were pain-killers, I hardly think a Distalgesic or a co-codamol, available at any chemist is worth stealing or that you are going to 'trip on them

kanebear

Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:00 am

OxyContin is a painkiller... in some parts of the country people will just about kill to get it... I doubt the screener stole pills you can get without a prescription. What was taken was likely powerful prescription medication (Valium, Lortab, etc)

ltbewr

Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:09 am

Perhaps these were a prescription pain killer containing Codine. Some people after an painful injury, an operation, tooth extraction, very bad back pain, will by given by their doctor a prescription pain reliever of Tylenol with Codine. Such a product could easliy be sold off to a 'friend' for some quick bucks, or perhaps the agent here had a drug problem themselves.

AsstChiefMark

Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:44 am

Vicodin and Tylenol with Codeine are in the top ten most-prescribed meds in the USA. Both are very addicting and people will go to extremes to get them. While in nursing school, there was a report that someone went so far as to go to university for four years in order to become a nurse. She figured it would be like a kid in a candy store. Little did she know that every pill is counted and recounted at least three times a day.

Mark
Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Red tail...Damned MSP...Red tail...Red tail