MAS777

Mongolia And Beijing

Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:20 am

Am flying KLM to Beijing in March and have a few questions as I am keen to try to make it to Ulan Bator.

1. Anyone here had experiences with either Mongolian Airlines (MIAT) or Air China on the Ulan Bator-Beijing route?

2. With regards to Mongolian Airlines - anyone had any experiences, full-stop?

3. KLM uses the Air China Lounge for its World Business Class passengers - any comments from anyone who's visited the lounge?

legacyins

RE: Mongolia And Beijing

Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:45 am

I can answer #3.

I just returned from Beijing two weeks ago and visited the Air china Business lounge. It is nothing that great. Free cold sandwiches and beverages. There is internet access w/ a few computers around. The lounge is facing inside the terminal so you cannot see out onto the airside.

Spike

Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:37 pm

I have flown Beijing - Ullanbator three times now (twice with Miat and once with CA). Miat is considerably better at serving Vodka and has a better flight schedule than Air China. Also, they vary their equipment (I've been on their 727, 737-800 and an A310 on this route).
Cheers.

Buyantukhaa

Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:36 pm

MIAT = Maybe I'll Arrive Today. Seriously though, their intl. flights should be allright. Domestic flights though seem to be a pain...

At ULN I watched how they sweep the snow off the wings of the AN-24 with brooms - no de-icing fluid there!

For a view of the AN-24's and my "clean" Tu154, here's my shameless self-plug:

MyAviation.net photo:
Click here for bigger photo!
Photo © Maurits van der Hoofd

I scratch my head, therefore I am.