myk

Help. Which Planes Overfly YUL North-northwest?

Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:45 pm

Hello friends,

I often see, late afternoon or evening, big birds heading North or north west. Was wondering which planes fly over YUL in this direction. I see a lot heading north east, this is probably Europe, but what about north-west ?

Thanx

N328KF

Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:48 pm

JFK-NRT
IAD-HKG

For starters.
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' -Theodore Roosevelt

timz

Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:49 am

Nobody flies IAD-HKG, do they? And most of the JFK/EWR flights to Tokyo and beyond leave earlier in the day (tho maybe not all). There's no nonstops to the Orient from BOS, are there? So we're mystified. How often do you see them, at what time? 777 or 747?

FoxBravo

Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:34 am

From my own anecdotal experience, JFK/EWR-NRT flights often do fly right over YUL (especially in winter, it seems, presumably to avoid unfavorable winds), but as Timz pointed out, they would all fly over sometime in the early afternoon since they all depart by midday. Ditto for the IAD-NRT and daytime JFK-SEL nonstops.

However, CX's JFK-HKG and CO's EWR-HKG nonstops leave at 2:45 and 3:15, respectively, which--if they were to overfly YUL--would pass overhead about an hour later (or perhaps a bit more, if delayed for whatever reason). Is that the approximate time frame, Myk?
Common sense is not so common. -Voltaire