OPNLguy
Topic Author

SWA On Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:37 am

Wait until you see how a team of SWA employees "decorate" a teen's room in aviation style...

Sunday, Jan. 23 at 8/7c
"Sears Family"
After a 17-year-old girl underwent chemotherapy for a rare genetic disorder, she was unable to return to her Martinez, California home because of the mold and allergens at her family's house. When Extreme Makeover: Home Edition learned of her plight, the design team and hundreds of workers put in long days and nights so that Jhyrve Sears could finally come home.

There's a follow-up show on Monday the 24th on how they did it...
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

planespotting

RE: SWA On Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:59 am

do you know when it was taped?
Do you like movies about gladiators?

OPNLguy
Topic Author

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:04 pm

>>>do you know when it was taped?

No idea. It's amazing that it stayed off the "radar" with so many (30+) folks involved...
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

N328KF

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:07 pm

My company's featured prominently in there too. I'm not saying which one though.  Big grin
When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty.' -Theodore Roosevelt

OPNLguy
Topic Author

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:12 pm

I really enjoy watching the show, especially as they tailor use of all the various building supply and hi-tech stuff that's out there to the specific needs of the family they're building it for.

I know where they can get a bunch of old 737-200s--CHEAP!  Big grin

DfwRevolution

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:19 pm

I'm gonna guess that they turn a closet into a 737NG simulator... or maybe a furnature modeled after WN's seats  Big grin

I really enjoy watching the show, especially as they tailor use of all the various building supply and hi-tech stuff that's out there to the specific needs of the family they're building it for.

lol.. half that stuff is crap. Converting a home to be compatible with a wheel-chair or installing certin habitational enhancements are great... but I'm sure the 7 year-old girl is going to love her fairy princess room when she turns 16.