JetSOUTHEAST
Topic Author

Northwest Hiring Flight Attendants?

Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:44 pm

I flew Northwest a couple of weeks ago, and the F/A told me Northwest will be hiring F/A's in 4 months. I almost burst out laughing, Northwest hiring F/A's? If any insiders can comfirm this, that would be great. I have been interested in being an F/A since 1997, but my opinion has changed considering the low wages they get now, and the changing environment. I also read the book by Frank Steward "The Plane Truth" and that turned me away from the job even further when he wrote an entire chapter on why to chose another industry. Any info, comments welcome.

NWAFA

RE: Northwest Hiring Flight Attendants?

Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:17 pm

Gosh JetSoutheast with the way you hate NWA, why would you even want to come work for us! NWA has one of the higher starting pays.

As for the hiring..we all wish..however, with the recent recalls, and the number that turned it down, should there be a need for more FA's then yes we may have to hire in late fall!

THANK YOU FOR FLYING NORTHWEST AIRLINES, WE TRULY APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS!

CALMSP

Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:19 pm

whywould you not want to take the job? where else can you work when you want? if you want aweek off you trade your shift/trip away.....working for the airlines si the easiest job every made.

1rocco

Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:55 pm

There are about 300 furloughed f/a's that didn't get a offer of recall. So they would have to offer us positions before they start any new hire classes. I have also heard rumors that NWA is recruiting initial training instructors and that everyone will be back to work around March 1st. Again these are just rumors and are probably just that RUMORS. Lets keep our fingers crossed though..

rocco

NWAFA

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:14 am

1rocco

Sure wish we could get you back! Trust me the union has been fighting hard and giving the company ideas on how to get you back, but of course they are not hearing.

I have friends up in building F and there is no truth to the rumor about looking for Inital instructors...

1rocco

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:47 am

NWAFA,

I am very sad to hear the truth.. I am still going to keep my fingers crossed. I truly believe that only a small amount of those on furlough will voluntarily return if recalled. Maybe 100-200 of those left on furlough would return.

Rocco

NWAFA

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:49 am

Rocco,
Hand in there..trust me the company is keeping a very close eye on what is going on at US and UA..waiting for opportunities if they should arise!

1rocco

Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:38 am

NWAFA,

Lets also not forget that 2 weeks after the company announced there would be no recalls in 2005 they announced 600 recalls. I guess you never know and I have given up trying to figure things out..

Rocco

BR715-A1-30

Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:15 am

NWAFA, I am unable to email you so I guess I will have to tell you hear...

You have misunderstood jetSOUTHEAST. He doesn't HATE Northwest, in fact he has flown them more times than he has flown ANY LCC. He continues to fly NWA. He is not bashing Northwest, he is not even bashing... He is simply comparing how the major airlines' cost structure is out-dated, and is being overtaken by newer ideas. He is not bashing Northwest specifically. So before you bash HIM again, email him or ask him what he really means.

Puhdiddle

burnsie28

Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:38 pm

No but he sure B**TCHES about a lot of S**T. Also, when he wanted to burst out laughing, perhaps he shouldnt have his head up his @ss. Continental was/is doing it so its not far fetched, and Pilots will be hiring again in most likely later summer, early fall.

exSCA

Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:21 am

I know i just got a call from my former sup/maager at SY and Im on the docket too come back late spring early fall...and ive been out since 11-2001..
and i can tell you if they called now and said we need u tomorrow, even though i live just between GRB and MKE, id pack up over night and be there in MSP the next morning.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos