flynboy747

Delta And Turks And Caicos

Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:04 pm

Hey Everyone, I have a quick question for ya....
I am planning a vacation this November to the Turks and Caicos Islands. Since I have a Skymiles card and almost always fly with Delta, I'll probably be booking my flights into PLS with them. I remember when they announced service a while back, using an ASA CRJ 700 from ATL during the off season and a 757 during peak season. What I'm wondering is, why Delta chose the CRJ. Why not an MD-80 or 738. Is demand really that low during the off season? AA uses the 757 from MIA. US uses the A319. So why is DL the sole RJ user? I really don't mind the CRJ, considering the flight isn't that long, but I'm just curious as to Delta's reasoning for this aircraft assignment. Thanks in advance for the feedback!

DeltaMIA

RE: Delta And Turks And Caicos

Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:10 pm

Yes demand really is that low. They had a 738 daily, but it was going out nearly empty on the weekdays. So they changed it to a CR7 on Sunday-Friday and it still is a 757 on Saturdays. Instead of having the flight only on Saturdays they felt they could still make money making it a CR7 all days but Saturday.
It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

ACAfan

RE: Delta And Turks And Caicos

Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:51 pm

Why not a daily Mad Dog that stops at both Freeport and PLS? Wouldn't that lower costs?
Freddie Laker ... May be at peace with his maker ... But he is a persona non grata ... with IATA

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos