airsicknessbag

Question RE TriStar At TUI Arlns Belgium

Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:49 am

Hi all, hi Belgians,

in a previous thread, you might have noticed I´m pursuing a little "project", titled "Fly a TriStar".

Now I realised, Euro Atlantic´s CS-TEB is doing flights for TUI Airlines Belgium from BRU to the Caribbean. TUI Airlines Belgium flights are, other than e.g. YES´, very easily bookable (even as flight only) through the web.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Airwim

Now, my question is, if I book a flight from BRU to PUJ/POP/CUN/VRA, with a TUB flight number through http://www.jetonly.be , will that be a TriStar for sure? If not, is there a pattern which flights on which days are L10 operated and which are not? How long is CS-TEB (a stopgap measure, as I understand) going to stay at TUI Airlines Belgium?

Thanks for your help.

Daniel Smile

airsicknessbag

RE: Question RE TriStar At TUI Arlns Belgium

Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:59 pm

Come on guys, you must be kidding me – a million Belgians on this site, and none of them knows about the TUI Airlines Belgium/Euro Atlantic Airways cooperation?  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Daniel Smile

TriStar500

Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm

Daniel,

Wouldn't it be easier to convince AirEvents to charter an L10 when the Championsleague finals take place? I remember during last years final, there was at least one TriStar (among several B747, A330, A310) parked at PAD for a few hours, while the soccer fans were attending the finals in Dortmund. Don't know where the Championsleague has situated their finals this year, but it should be at an easily reachable city somewhere in Europe.

[Edited 2005-01-24 10:16:51]
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

airsicknessbag

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:10 pm

The "Champions" League final will take place in Istanbul, the UEFA Cup final in - Lisbon.

Airevents have stated they don´t see 300 people coming to LIS for a such a flight, I doubt their take on IST would be very different. In hindsight, PAD last year would obviously have been a golden opportunity indeed.

I badly need a holiday in February/March anyway. And a relaxing one, i.e. doing NOTHING for a week except walking 100 metres to the beach. No culturally precious Maya ruins, no vibrant cities, no hunting rare aircraft. I figured Cuba or the Dominican Republic would fit this description, both have been on my "to do" list for some time anyway.

Daniel Smile

TriStar500

Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:25 pm

IST or LIS? Well, that's just too bad.  Sad I suppose there will be the occasional ad-hoc charter coming to Central European airports from time to time, but like the word "ad hoc" already implies, this will be at very short notice, so there is no way Airevents can plan a flight around such an occasion.

I think the risk to book a TUB flight would be rather big - you might very well end up on an ordinary B763 with a planeload of rowdy Belgians (just kidding folks, I know you guys are alright!  Smile ) or so. At least you might get to visit a member of the "Axis of Evil" (Cuba) - you naughty, naughty boy!  Big thumbs up

Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

apuneger

Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:16 pm

Let me be the first Belgian to answer your question:

Frankly, I have no idea how the TriStar gets scheduled for TUI Airlines Belgium. AFAIK they have leased the aircraft for their longhaul flights while they await their own 767.

I have no idea when the 767 will arrive but I don't think it will take another 3 months or so.

I also don't know if this TUI Airlines Belgium's only longhaul aircraft but I doubt it. The last couple of months we have seen some unusual widebodies at BRU, chartered by tour operators for longhaul flights.

Basically If you really want to fly the TriStar and would like to have as much certainty as possible of getting a TriStar the day itself, why don't you fly BRU-FIH-BRU with HewaBora? 100% chance of getting 9Q-CHC unless it falls apart by then  Wink/being sarcastic

If you'd like you can also ask this question on http://www.luchtzak.be. The chance of getting a response over there are greater.

Greetings,
Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography