DIJKKIJK
Topic Author

Flight Disruptions-US East Coast

Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Could someone tell us more about the flight disruptions on the US east coast due to the weather. Are flights ;leaving ? and what are the weather predictions for the coming week like?

many thanks
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

planemannyc

RE: Flight Disruptions-US East Coast

Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:00 am

Virign's flights to / from New York area from the afternoon of Sat, Jan 22 were cancelled ... my mom was supposed to be on VS2 from EWR to LHR on Jan 22. The morning flights out of EWR on the 23rd was also cancelled. She left on Jan 23 on VS2 -- flight took off 2 hours late -- and looking at the VS site, looks like all their flights out of NYC area left about 2 hours late last night.

Best,

Wasim / Planemannyc

Sabena332

Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:23 am

...looks like all their flights out of NYC area left about 2 hours late last night.

Not only VS' flights were delayed last night, my LH flight was also ~2.5 hours late. I saw that the SQ flight to FRA was still at the gate when we left so it was also delayed.

The situation was much worse on Saturday, a bartender told me on Saturday evening that JFK has partly closed in the afternoon, I thought because of the weather but I just saw here on the forum that a 74F overrun the runway.

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Newark777

Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:29 am

The situation was much worse on Saturday, a bartender told me on Saturday evening that JFK has partly closed in the afternoon, I thought because of the weather but I just saw here on the forum that a 74F overrun the runway.

I was listening to the JFK ATC during that whole incident, and JFK was completely closed for about half an hour afterward. Even after they opened 4L, there were limited departures and very few arrivals (I'm talking somewhere in the range of 2 an hour, an astoundingly low number for JFK). Ever since then it has been a game of catch-up, trying to make up for all the time lost because of the bad conditions and the incident.

Harry
Why grab a Heine when you can grab a Busch?